Help!

Where our local artists create!

Moderator: Beany

Shay
recuerdame

Help!

Post by Shay »

A friend of mine is having a baby shower on June 17th for her little boy. She sent me a message a week ago asking if instead of getting a gift off the registry, if I would instead draw something for his baby room. She's always wanted some of my artwork, and I've never really come through. Though she does have an iphone case with one of my pieces on it. But anyway, these are the type of requests I absolutely HATE. It is completely wide open to me and I am absolutely clueless. His name will be Jackson and the "theme" of the nursery will be airplanes. But it doesn't have to be an airplane or anything specific. Just something with them and their baby boy in mind.

Suggestions??? :oops:
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: Help!

Post by LaLou »

When is the due date? Maybe you could do something with his zodiac sign.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Framed 5x7s, each with a plane carrying a letter of his name.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

OH! I love BOTH of those ideas. I just found out he's due October 1st so I believe that would make him a Libra if he's born on schedule. I am going to have to play around with both of those. They sound like a lot of fun and I know my friend would love 'em. :D
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

You could paint his room. :P I googled a bit and found some ideas you could personalize.

And some links (you need to get rid of the extra space after the : ).
http: //img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.140112150.jpg
http: //1.bp.blogspot.com/-_JucNi5oT_I/TdcqZS0G8QI/AAAAAAAAEP8/cGVj9Eq5iq4/s1600/DSCN8419.JPG
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

June the 17th is soon. If you cannot finish the actual artwork, you could make her a little giftcertificate for the babyshower.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Bella for links you could just get rid of the "http://"

The rest of the address will still take you to the webpage. You don't need to add a space.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

All of these are really super awesome ideas. I think I'm going to take a trip to the craft store this Sunday. Maybe even tomorrow since I don't work and will have the house to myself.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

reaper wrote:Bella for links you could just get rid of the "http://"

The rest of the address will still take you to the webpage. You don't need to add a space.
She needs the space because we have the forum set up to only allow one link per post.

This way we can easily find her links, and she can put as many as she wants in there.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I wish the forum had the capability to allow certain users to post more than one link...

The one link rule is in place to prevent spam as some automated spam bots attempt to post multiple links, and when failing will not post at all.

This actually does work in decreasing spam.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Oh really? I see spam posts at least twice a week.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Clarence wrote:I wish the forum had the capability to allow certain users to post more than one link...

The one link rule is in place to prevent spam as some automated spam bots attempt to post multiple links, and when failing will not post at all.

This actually does work in decreasing spam.
Works like a charm. 8-)

bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

It works. Spam posters can't post multiple links anymore and the nasty spam is nearly gone.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Reaper, while it may seem like there is a bunch of SPAM in here, without these checks in place and the dedication of the mods there would be 10 times more, and it would include pages of links and images and stuff. Total spamfest. So a couple of ads for handbags or nike's is not that bad.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Reaper, while it may seem like there is a bunch of SPAM in here, without these checks in place and the dedication of the mods there would be 10 times more, and it would include pages of links and images and stuff. Total spamfest. So a couple of ads for handbags or nike's is not that bad.
I love you guys for all the help with the spam and stuff :)
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

What I don't get (and I know this is totaly off-topic) is the huge text some spammers post, sometimes even withou a link. Is that to try out our vigilance?
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

LaLou wrote:and I know this is totaly off-topic
Yeah these posts need to get merged into a new topic.

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Did anyone see UFC last night? Big Nog vrs Werdum? I never saw that submission coming!