Capital Punishment

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Capital Punishment

Post by summer »

Any thoughts?
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Capital Punishment

Post by chex »

I'm against it, but not for the same reasons BBP was. ;)

I think it's too easy. I believe that when we die, that's it. I'd rather keep someone alive in their cell and let them rot.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I'm for it depending on the situation. I feel out money could be put to better use then keeping pedofiles alive and things liek that. I don't have the stats but I know it costs a lot for every person to be kept alive in jail. And for what? It's inhumaine to kill people? These people deserve do die, keeping them alive may be even worse because their life is hell, but it's a hell we shouldn't have to pay for, take them out back and shoot them in the back of the head and put the saved money in fixing our economy etc.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

I'm for it depending on the crime. If someone murdered a member of my family, then damn straight I would want them to die.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Depending on the crime i think they deserve some pain and then be killed,cause keeping them alive costs money and there is allways a chance they could escape and do those things again.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

~Kill'em all!!
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

In my opinion there is no grey area in this matter. If it was murder rape or something like that then theys hould be put to death in the most in humane way possible. Child molesters also fall into that catagory. Theives and druggies should be housed in jail.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

After reading US post, i kind'a changed my mind

smurf'em all ~> then kill'em all!
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

Well Effie... I honestly have no desire to fuk'em... but if your of mind to...
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

You guys pretty much said all of my thoughts on the matter. I'm all for it. Until recently, Nebraska was the only state left that still did it. There are certain people that deserve to die. Sure, some may think it's the easy way out, but I for one do not want my tax dollars to go towards housing that SOB. Plus, once they're in jail for a long time, they always seem to be able to work out some sort of deal to get back out on the streets. tickle fight offenders just have to have some sign thingie and have to be a certain number of miles away from schools. That's smurf! Anyone who is a threat to society and can cause malicious crimes deserves to die. End of story. Minor things such as drunkenness, stealing, trespassing, drugs, what have you, jail time is sufficient imo.
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I follow much the same thought pattern that it depends on the crime. In my opinion, if someone murdered someone by stabbing them to death with an icepick for example, their execution should be death by icepick. As for the child molesters, they should be drawn and quartered.
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I've always thought ironic punishments are awesome too!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Haha I didn't even think of that. That would be awesome!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

My nice old 90 year old grandfather said rapists should be hung, and if there was not a tree, then draw and quarter them. He was awesome.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

Drawn and quartered, it's the way to go my friends. Nothin says behave like the thought of being torn apart by horses :twisted:
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

A good old fashioned disembowelment can be effective..

Or feeding to lions at Safari parks, that way they actually get to save some money on fresh meat, and make the park a little more entertaining for a short time. A win win situation :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I would pay money to watch it.
Gero
Hi, I'm new

Post by Gero »

I'm am for capital punishment. Always have and always will be, for these 3 simple reasons...
1. It scares people thinking that if they do something bad that they will get killed, thus reducing crime
2. Keeping them alive till they die is more like a reward... Giving them a solid roof over their head, 3 square meals, and decent hygiene. all for free. gives poor people that live in hell a reason to get locked up for life.
3. It just plane cuts down on costs =O not having to pay for as many life sentences = less money having to go towards the prison system.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

1. Studies have shown that the death sentence is not a deterrent to crime.
2. Opinion. My opinion is that death is too easy.
3. With the current system, an execution costs more than a life sentence.
Gero
Hi, I'm new

Post by Gero »

such buzz kill -.-
I put my 2 cents worth in