,.|.. Go Sit And Spin

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Shay
recuerdame

,.|.. Go Sit And Spin

Post by Shay »

Just a short rant because I'm quite irritable today. So the phones have been busy as smurf. They always get this busy around this time of year. It doesn't really bother me as it's quite expected. However, I got stuck on a long call literally a minute before lunch and ended up taking my lunch at 2:50 instead of 2:40. It's not the first time that's happened. It happens to lots of people while taking phone calls. Well I come back from lunch and I have an e-mail that was fowarded by my supervisor by the claims manager asking "Why is Shay on lunch right now?" This e-mail included a copy of my phone stats (which are awesome) and 27 minutes of Aux Lunch at 3:18 PM. We're allotted 30 minute lunches. It's bad if you get an e-mail from the manager of the call center. Me being already irritable and busting my smurf bottom for these dickheads AND putting in unnecessary voluntary OT this week, I'm just like wtf?! I'm ten minutes past my normal lunch. I'm sorry, next time when I'm on a call, I'll be sure to tell the caller that I have to disconnect the call because it's my lunch time. GREAT customer service!! So I got stuck on a call again and am now on my break ten minutes. I made sure to send an e-mail to both my supervisor and my manager that I got stuck on another call. I'll probably get in trouble for it, but smurf them. Get off my smurf bottom, especially when I'm one of your top employees smurf.
Shay
recuerdame

Re: ,.|.. Go Sit And Spin

Post by Shay »

My job is continuing to go down the shitter. It used to be a well respected job, but they are quickly losing the morale of everyone in the company. There's already beens lots of BS things that have occurred, and once again, they've added one more drop to the bucket.

At the beginning of the year, we were all given our holiday schedules for the year. On Thanksgiving and Christmas we get both Thursday and Friday off. On the night shift, we only work four day weeks because we work long hours and have to do everyone's projects and make sure we make up for the day shift's slack if running behind. Because we already get Fridays off, our Thanksgiving and Christmas week have always been a two day week with Wednesday/Thursday our holiday days. It's never been any different.

Today we get a lovely little e-mail, 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving, stating the holiday schedule has changed for everyone who works four day weeks. We are now required to work Monday - Wednesday and shorten our hours on Monday and Tuesday. When questioned, we were basically told we don't have a choice and we need to respect the company policy.

Wtf!? The company policy has always been the other way. You can't smurf change it TWO WEEKS before the holidays and expect everyone to be OK with it. Every single one of us already has shazam! planned for Wednesday through Sunday for the holidays. A lot of people, myself included, already have flights bought and paid for, non refundable! But it doesn't matter. We have to work or be penalized for missing because they decided to smurf change the policy without warning. If you're gonna change that shazam!, at least make it affective for the next year.

In the words of Donnie Darko, go suck a smurf.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Work sucks, and far too many people who get to make decisions are smurf balloon knot
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I just don't understand how they make these decisions. "I'm sorry, because it doesn't affect me, I'm going to make sure everyone absolutely loathes their job." Half the damn decisions they make, don't even make any logical sense! We were doing awesome on our queues and were completely caught up every day, so we only had to focus on the phones and not with the claims. The told us all to STOP working completely. Don't process any claims what so ever. They did this for about three weeks. Of course now we are way out of compliance, not meeting our standards, they make everyone take all of our PTO between October-December, they're firing people left and right for rediculous reasons, and then wonder why we have to work mandatory 6 hours of OT and STILL aren't meeting our metrics. WTF?!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Have you read The Peter Principle, by Dr Lawrence J Peter? If not, I will send you a copy.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

No, sir, I have not.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Today I apparently have a meeting with my supervisor and her supervisor. I can't wait to see what I get ripped about this time.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah...I'm done. I'll be printing off my resume when I get home tonight and handing it to my roommate to turn into Verizon. Then I'll take a day off next week to go to the Open House.

The meeting was to inform me that I do not get a STIP bonus. Because I acquired a written warning at the very end of the year due to attendance, it has been revoked. Now, STIP goes based on your overall stats for the year. We get this pretty little sheet that has all of our numbers for the entire year each quarter and it tells us if we met expectations, exceeded, outstanding, need improvement, or unacceptable. I scored a high E for exceeding. Had I not had the attendance issues, I would have had an outstanding. So you mean to tell me that I work my bottom off for you, did the best on my team, am doing CSR work when I'm only a PBL, am on the Workpride Committee, etc. and you're going to take away my stip bonus because of my medical condition that I didn't get the FMLA papers in until January?

:finger:

I understand this may be a small thing...I take that back. This is certainly not small. I haven't even posted even an eighth of all the febreeze they've been smurf me over on. I'm sorry, but I work too damn hard and don't get paid near enough to put up with your febreeze. I will be resigning shortly.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

You should look in Rome for job openings. :P
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Rome...as in a different country? :?
chex

Post by chex »

As in a small city in upstate NY, near Utica. :?
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

That's what I kind of figured, but I had to confirm. :lol: I would totally do that, except I just signed a lease with Jeff and I don't want to screw him over.
chex

Post by chex »

Though, Rome, Italy is nice too I got laid there. Almost twice.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I have never been out of the country. :(
chex

Post by chex »

Come visit me, and we'll go to Canada. :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Oh, this is awesome! First I'm promised France. Now I get to go to Canada too?

Ok, let's try this. I have never been on a cruise ship. :(
chex

Post by chex »

:lol: Can't help you there. I can promise you a place to stay if I go to Japan next though!
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Shay wrote:Oh, this is awesome! First I'm promised France. Now I get to go to Canada too?

Ok, let's try this. I have never been on a cruise ship. :(
I have a tub you can use...
chex

Post by chex »

Hey, there's a trip to the Netherlands, too! :lol:
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

So I sent a long bottom appeal request to HR regarding my STIP. I'm pretty sure it won't be turned around, but I want to know where in the company policy it states that I am not eligible for a STIP because of a written warning received at the very end of the year. It certainly wasn't in the contract of my written warning.