Immigration

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Immigration

Post by summer »

Should we be allowing immigrants to come in and work?
Wesley
GOD

Re: Immigration

Post by Wesley »

This is a tough one to answer considering the current economy. Everyone is looking for work. Is it right to reduce my chances of gainful employment by allowing someone from outside of the country access to the same jobs? I don't know.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

You're right Zot, currently with the economy the way it is, this is a tough one to answer.

My parents were immigrants that came to Canada 38 years ago. They worked hard and raised their children here. Nowadays it's a different scenario than it was back then. Immigrants weren't looked upon as foreigners trying to steal the all the jobs from under people, they were the ones that came over and did the shazam! jobs that no one else wanted to do... oh wait, that still happens.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

From my country there are a lot of people gone into other countries to work,most of them are hard working and had to make that choice cause they couldnt find work here,or was underpaid,but there are some who are just looking to steal or cheat on their jobs or employers and makes it hard for that ones who really want to work.
I dont think anyone is stealling someone else`s job,cause they accepted a job that others didnt .May be you know more than i do,so this is just my opinion.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

It is a very difficult question. Stealing jobs means that immigrants are often willing to work for less money and worse working conditions, something others have fought hard for to be improved. But who can blame them for wanting a job to earn them money? For making a living and provide for their family? Sometimes jobs are rare, especially the better ones.
Their willingness to accept inferior jobs often leads to tensions. That's why some people assume that immigrants are 'stealing their jobs'. It's difficullt to generalize this topic. Basically, many economies are founded on the hard work of immigrants. As long as someone is willing to work and not just to rely on social welfare I'd say let them.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Israel if full of them, FULL.
Yes they make it harder for us to find jobs, sometimes
Yes they're willing to work for less money so imployers pay less
Yess they are a pain in the bottom
but they are good ppl at the end of the day
they are good working ppl, who cares for their family who left behind
it feels great to see someone (that could only acheiv shazam! in life ) "makes" it here becose of you - becose of your country- becose of your leaders.
let them work !
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

people immigrate to Canada? WTF is this world coming to?
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Should they be allowed to come in and work - yes (they're paying taxes just like everyone else)

Should they be allowed to come it and get free housing and state benefits while between jobs and actively seeking work - yes as long as they are making a serious effort

Should they be allowed to come it and get free housing and state benefits without ever working a single day - No

Should they be allowed to come in and work, but leave their wife/husband and children behind in their own country so that they can receive state benefits for them as if they were living here, and send the money over to them - No (and that does happen in England, a lot)
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Over here the govetnment wants everyone to leave school with a diploma. There is a new law that commits everyone to go to school untill they are 18, or have a diploma.

There are a lot of jobs that need no diploma to be done. Dirty, physically heavy jobs that suck. Like working in a factory on an assembly line.
Who is supposed to do these jobs if it wasn't for the Polish, Romanians, Turks, Morrocans, or any other?
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Most of them also have a diploma,they left their families behind,not because they were stupid,but because they couldn`t` find a job to help them support their family.The compromise had to be done,but they did it for much money.
UnknownSoldier

Post by UnknownSoldier »

The only problem I have with immigration are those damned hispanics... I mean seriously. Take the Mexicans for example... Slang name is a wet back right? Whats it called when they take a shower? A Flucking miracle. And Cubans... I mean come on... you've been in America for 10 years and still cant speak english. You know what the cuban national anthem should be? Row row row your boat... Mans natural enemy is himself right... oh not if your Spanish. Then your natural enemy is a male cow. Ever wonder why they are called spicks? I sure as hell do when the term for spick is completely neat and clean.

By the way, this was all ment as a joke... those who know me, know I am hispanic
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

:shock:

That better be a joke.
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

Wow, well some things mankind shouldn't joke about. :shock:
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I find that no matter where you go, there are people looking for a free ride. If they happen to be immigrants or foreigners or minorities in the place where they are trying to get a free lunch, it is very easy to let the emotions take over and anger turns to hate. Here in central Pennsylvania there is a series of billboards put up by a Russian immigrant. They say to learn English. The local news talked to him and he said that of course he loves his homeland, but now he is in America, so he has to learn and speak English so he can do business and be an American. If more immigrants had this attitude, there would be much less anger directed toward them.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
UnknownSoldier

Post by UnknownSoldier »

folks... highlight my previous post.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

:lol: fooled me!