Hey guys, I'm making some depictions of racism

Where our local artists create!

Moderator: Beany

bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Hey guys, I'm making some depictions of racism

Post by bababoolea »

Well, wassup boys and girls :)

Recently, I've been worked up by all the racism I've witnessed and observed. It's inspired me to make depictions of very serious cases of racist actions taken. Here's one example:

WARNING: You may be shocked by the level of realism and extreme regarding racism in this picture:

chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Hey guys, I'm making some depictions of racism

Post by chex »

Care to tell us more about it?
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

what .... the ....
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

Honestly, do I need to elaborate on how there's racism going on in that drawing? It's pretty clear and obvious. You see a black man urinating, just doing his business if you will, and the cops have a problem with him. If a white guy did it, the cops wouldn't even do anything likely. In fact, they'd probably even join him.
chex

Post by chex »

Are you 8?
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

chex wrote:Are you 8?
Why, are you looking for a date? Because you're out of luck.
chex

Post by chex »

I'm torn between rolling my eyes at the obvious trolling, and wanting to high five you on the smartassery! :lol:
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

I just think that the issue of racism must be addressed, especially since a pivotal criminal case had just came to a nasty conclusion and race, of course, was a big part of the crime.

I think my first in a series of drawings vividly encapsulates this discrimination on a broader basis, taking into account the most common instances. That's right, this image recreates a true incident that took place a few weeks ago.
chex

Post by chex »

Based on your drawing, I'm not sure how serious you are, but if you are serious, then sure, let's chat! Of course racism is an issue and was a large part in the Zimmerman verdict.

Your drawing seems to mock people who do call out racism, however, which is why I'm having trouble taking you seriously.
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

Well I do apologize if the drawing seems to come off that way.

But it becomes clearer when you take the example into consideration.

A naked black guy urinated on an elementary school wall and was given 15 warnings for it by the cops. But when a white guy was caught doing the same, the same police department did nothing. In fact, one time one of the officers joined the guy in pissing on the wall.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Okay, they gave him warnings, but I'm sure that public urination is, at minimum, a misdemeanor, and he could have gotten fined without a warning.

Yeah, his race probably did have an effect on how he was treated about it, but it wasn't taken as seriously as i could have been either.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

Enforcing a law by giving warnings isn't racism just because the guy happens to be black. It's enforcing a law.
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

chex wrote:Enforcing a law by giving warnings isn't racism just because the guy happens to be black. It's enforcing a law.
Yeah, it would be enforcing the law if it was done impartially. Sure they were enforcing the law when they warned him. But were they enforcing the law when they failed to warn some white guy on a different occasion>
chex

Post by chex »

Unless it was the same cop, I wouldn't call it racism. You have no way of knowing how the cop joining the white kid would have reacted to the black kid.
bababoolea
Hi, I'm new

Post by bababoolea »

chex wrote:Unless it was the same cop, I wouldn't call it racism. You have no way of knowing how the cop joining the white kid would have reacted to the black kid.
It's the same patrol pair; each car is assigned to a specific small part of the city, patrolling the area (where I'm at). So it was actually the same guy. The incidents happened only 2 days apart.
chex

Post by chex »

Then why in the world would you depict a cop merely enforcing the law in your drawing, and call that racism? All I see there is a punk kid pissing on a building, a cop trying to be a nice guy and giving him a warning* and the kid continues to be a princess sophia.

And according to your drawing, the cop said it was okay for him to piss on the building, but he had to wear a shirt in public. Perhaps the white kid was wearing a shirt!

And you initially said the black kid was just minding his own business, pissing on the building, which is complete febreeze.

You seem to be upset the black kid getting a warning for doing something wrong, and using a shitty cop letting another kid off to justify calling it racism.

*The cop as you portray him reminds me of an old friend of mine, who wouldn't discipline her child. "T, you stop that! I mean it, T. I said stop. One... Two... T, I said stop. One... T, if mama has to get up, you're gonna be in big trouble. One..." Then she would wonder why her kid didn't listen to her. :roll:
chex

Post by chex »

bababoolea wrote: If a white guy did it, the cops wouldn't even do anything likely. In fact, they'd probably even join him.
Why do you speak hypothetically here, and only when called out on the absurdity of it, do you say it actually happened?

bababoolea wrote:But when a white guy was caught doing the same, the same police department did nothing.
Then later you say it was the same department, but only when asked directly do you bother including that it was the same person.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I don't know how this picture is to be taken serious ... by anyone.

Regardless of race, we have a naked man pissing on a SCHOOL building. Or maybe it's a kid, I don't know.

It's illegal.

What cop would warn about this at all? Anyone doing this, again regardless of race or even age, should be removed from the public and put in the squad car.

Indecent exposure!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

No police is going to join the man pissing either ...

This makes my mind hurt.

Also they wouldn't warn 11 times and sit in the cop car casually asking the naked man to stop. They would go out there and yank that guy away!

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I keep reading the dialogue that you gave the police car and I got to tell ya, I'm laughing my bottom on how silly it is on so many levels.