Snake kills 2 kids!

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Snake kills 2 kids!

Post by Clarence »

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/08/boa-c ... ds-canada/

This happened right in the northern part of my province!
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: Snake kills 2 kids!

Post by LaLou »

I feel sorry for the childrens parents.
Snakes are not pets.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I would not say that snakes are not pets. There are a lot of harmless snakes. I see no problems with keeping a python as a pet as long as you know what you're doing. It's no different than pitbulls, which is considered a dangerous dog. When it comes to caring and training a pet, it is almost entirely dependent upon the person raising said animal. It is very unfortunate about the kids. I'd really like to know more about how this all happened, but it sounds to me like the main responsibility here comes down upon the store who obviously did not properly enclose the snake. You put a 5 and 7 yr old around any large animal, hell even some many small animals, and there is bound to have some consequences without proper supervision. This isn't the snake's fault, nor the children's fault. Wrong place, wrong time. IMO.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

*bump*

Took a while ... but finally:

news wrote:Man Officially Charged In Python Deaths of Barthe Brothers
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2015
A 38-year-old Montreal man, who formerly lived in Campbellton, has been charged in connection with the deaths of Noah and Connor Barthe.

RCMP say the Jean-Claude Savoie appeared in Campbellton provincial court yesterday and was charged with one count of criminal negligence.

The four and six year old brothers died on August 5, of 2013, after they were strangled by an African rock python. They were both at a sleepover in the same apartment where the python was being housed.

Savoie owned an exotic pet store located below the apartment.

RCMP say this was an extensive investigation and it required consultation with experts who were familiar with African Rock pythons.

Savoie was arrested on February 5th in Quebec....His next court appearance has been scheduled for April 27th in Campbellton.
http://www.country94.ca/news/1020885523 ... e-brothers