Proffessional / Hardcore gaming

Donden
Artiste

Proffessional / Hardcore gaming

Post by Donden »

reaper wrote:
Donden wrote:
reaper wrote:Oh and it looks like we got another hardcore gamer on the forums!
I'm not really a hardcore gamer, at least not by my opinion ^^ To me a hardcore gamer is those who usually plays CoD, BF, WoW etc, the games that just gives excitement or requires s**t loads of your time every day.
I do not play those games anymore, it was serval years ago I did so.

I'm more of a fan of games with a deeper story, games with a bit of artistic feeling and advanced tactic games ^^
What you describe is a competitive or professional gamer. Too me A hardcore gamer is basically an avid gamer. Someone who plays most new games and also understands the medium's art and culture.
Let's continue the discussion here instead :D

You've got a point in what you are saying, but I still don't really agree on calling that hardcore gaming.
It would be like putting myself in the same group as those 12 years old kids calling themself hardcore gamers because they have spent s**t loads of time on CoD and managed to make a half-assed video of them going around quick-scoping.

But the most annoying conversation I've ever had with one of those calling themself hardcore gamers was on Minecraft, when I played on a quite large open server, when I was going to assist on a larger project, I were invited on skype with them.

The other guy: Do you listen to Hardstyle?
Me: Eh, yes?
The other guy: Cool, then you are a hardcore gamer too.
Me: Ehm, Hardstyle doesn't make you a hardcore gamer. I mostly listen to it for dancing purpose, not gaming.
The other guy: But only hardcore gamers listen to Hardstyle.
Me: *facepalm*
*Some kind of signature*