Intervention: good or bad?

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Wesley
GOD

Intervention: good or bad?

Post by Wesley »

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/heroi ... z2jgJ1YHha

A kid saw a fight break out, and when one student produced a knife, this kid shoved him against the wall, thus preventing potentially horrible things from happening.

The kid then got punished for intervening. Not sure this was the right response. I understand schools having rules to protect the students, and to protect themselves from being sued, but this is just silly.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Re: Intervention: good or bad?

Post by Dowster »

rules should exist as guidelines, to help us to do the right thing and point us in the right direction. They should not exists to be blindly followed to the letter regardless of the outcome or the fact that if common sense was a person it would punch you in the face for being such a dumb bottom.

In most situations I know what the rules say, and what the law says, but if I didn't do what I believed to be right because "it's against the rules" that would weigh on my conscience far more than the fact that I broke them, especially if something bad happened as a result of my failure to act

I think back in the day, the law started out as a useful tool, but back in the day people weren't cowards who constantly looked for something to hide behind instead of having the balls to use their own discretion to make a descision by themselves.

People who do right, do right. smurf what the book says.