Jewellery

Where our local artists create!

Moderator: Beany

Beany
Demimod

Jewellery

Post by Beany »

I've posted the odd picture of jewellery before, but I thought I might as well allow myself (and everyone else, for that matter) a thread for it. I just made this. It's super-simple and easy to make, but the point is that it contains a quote from a good friend of mine, which is, "life goes on after your mistakes".

I give to you badly photographed necklace, ruined by writing with biro, and please ignore my hand.

I've been asked to start making pieces to sell (with proceeds going to charity), and I'm also after ideas on how to improve this one. I know I could add a few smaller charms and make some themed ones, like a 'drink me' bottle with green or blue bicones and an Alice in Wonderland themed charm. Thoughts?

Also, I know the chain doesn't match. It was the only one I could find.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
bella
the two timer

Re: Jewellery

Post by bella »

That's pretty. How do you make sure the cork stays in there?
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

You can stick a bit of nail glue in there to hold it in, but as this one's only got paper in, at the moment it's holding pretty well as just a cork.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

How does a silver chain not match?

Anyway, they are interesting and cute. I think selling them for charity is a lovely idea! Especially since they are totally personalized.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

The chain's sterling silver and the fitting on the cork is steel. Bit of a colour difference, but the sterling silver chain was only 69p or something, which was much less than a matching one.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

How in heavens name can a sterling silver chain be cheaper than a steel one???????????????????????????????
It's just mind blowing. Where did you get it that cheap? I should get me some too. Silver is the only metal I can wear. (metal allergy).
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

That's so pretty! Adding other (smaller) charms to the necklace is a really good idea, with Alice in wonderland you could always have a little playing card or something.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.