New Moon *SPOILERS*

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

New Moon *SPOILERS*

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Ok, you all knew this was coming.

My opinion of New Moon as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compared to Twilight, it was much better. I think Summit Entertainment did themselves a favor by changing directors, and finding one in Chris Weitz. He directed "The Golden Compass" which had many special effects. "New Moon", with its new addition of werewolves, needed a special effects expert to help. The effects were amazing.

As for the storyline, it stayed very true to the book. Edward left, and Bella sulked for 3 or 5 months. I don't know if I noticed any changes that I felt compelled to complain about... Also, Kristen Stewart was much better as Bella in this movie, acting-wise. Taylor Lautner was also amazing as Jacob.

Your thoughts?
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Re: New Moon *SPOILERS*

Post by Pete McGiveris »

*SPOLIERS* This movie sucks balls. And as a straight white man who doesn't really like seeing Mexicans play Native Americans, I think I can safely say that without having seen it. Thank you.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Wth seriously? They have Mexicans playing as Native Americans? That's kind of offensive. The more I hear of Twilight, the more I hate it with a fiery passion. Unfortunately, I might get con'd into seeing New Moon. Sean REALLY wants to go for the sheer fact that it has werewolves. What a stupid reason to go to the movie.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

smurf if I know for sure, but that's what my wife said, and she's very rarely wrong. Actually, she's never wrong. Even when she is, then she isn't.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Lol nice. Yeah that's pretty messed up regardless though.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

there is a made in Canada werewolf movie called Ginger Snaps. There is also a part 2. Nice modern take on the whole werewolf thing.

Oh, New Moon... TOTALLY sold out opening night at my old theater. I am really glad I was not there.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Dude I loved both of those movies! I watched them a few years back. There's a new werewolf movie coming out that I really want to see, but I can't remember the name. I'll have to do a google search later when I'm not too lazy. Lol
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Yeah, Ginger Snaps kicked bottom. There's actually a part 3 as well, I'm an extra in it. I don't want to say I'm the werewolf or anything, but I showed up on set for 3 days without a shirt on, and no one noticed.

All joking aside, there actually is a third movie, and although I haven't seen it yet, I want to.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

The way the second one ended I am not sure how they are going to do #3.... I mean....

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah I believe I've seen it. If I remember right it's a prequal.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Did you download it, you naughty girl?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Yeah, it is a prequel. Actually, I'm not entirely sure that's an acurate title for it, see, it's in the 1800's, and although the same two actresses are playing essentially the same characters, they're not the same. It's at the start of the werewolf plague.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

So, staying on topic: New Moon! * bite bite bite *

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

New Moon woooooooooo!! :?

Yeah, it's call Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning. No I didn't download it. Lol I rented all three movies at the same time. It's just as Pete says, it goes back to the start of the werewolf plague and takes place in this little village just outside of the woods.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Wow, don't know how we overlooked that when we got the first two! I'm gonna see it this week!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Hope you like it! I liked the first ones better me thinks but it was nice to see how it all started.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Pete McGiveris wrote:*SPOLIERS* This movie sucks balls. And as a straight white man who doesn't really like seeing Mexicans play Native Americans, I think I can safely say that without having seen it. Thank you.
You're not even gonna give it a try? Tip: Don't rate the movie before you see it. And they all look Native American to me.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Hmmm, I can tell the difference between different Asian cultures. I can tell the difference between different African cultures. I can also tell the difference between different Native American/Central American/South American cultures.

I'm sure the movie is fine.

~ Donnie Yen ~
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

Tip

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I HATE TWILIGHT
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

im not a twilight fan either. i honestly only see these movies cause my BFF drags me to see them and who can turn down a free movie?

i agree that this one was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the first one. The acting still sucks... that will never change... and honestly, the only reason why this one was better is because the only REAL actor in the movie had the pretty much the biggest part (Taylor Lautner)...
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!