smoking in public places

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

smoking in public places

Post by chex »

In NY, you cannot smoke in public places. Bars, restaurants... they're all smoke free. I believe California recently made it illegal to smoke in a car with a child present.

How do you feel about these laws?
Beany
Demimod

Re: smoking in public places

Post by Beany »

It's good, but it would be better if you couldn't smoke on the streets either and you could only smoke in property you owned. There are loads of cigarette butts everywhere here and you get people standing outside entrances to places smoking so you breathe it in as you go into the building.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

In the concentrations one normally gets outdoors, I don't think cigarette/cigar/pipe tobacco smoke is any worse than diesel exhaust or air pollution from a factory such as a paper mill. The cigarette butts should be treated as litter and if you are caught tossing one, you should be fined... those things never go away, they are impervious to the elements. Smoking indoors without a totally separate airspace for non smokers is prohibited here in Pennsylvania. The same should go for cars. I get very angry when I see a white trash momma smoking in the front while junior is strapped into his car seat in the back. I hope the law against this passes nationwide.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Don't you hate it when you're on a motorway with the window open and the car next to you absentmindedly chucks their cigarette butt out of their window?
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

No , I never saw anyone throw his cig out'a the car window .
But yes , momy who smoke in her car\room around her kids . or anyone who smokes around anyone else is wrong . Ppl should poisen themselves and themselves ONLY .

In Isr. you can't smoke at rest' \pubs\malls and stuff which is good , And the idea of a law about the car+smoke+children thing is a nice idea. But thinking about it .. it should be the person to understand that its wrong . If he\she is grown enough to drive , they're grown enough to know why its wrong .

I would still like to blow my smoke at Jonny .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
chex

Post by chex »

Effie wrote:And the idea of a law about the car+smoke+children thing is a nice idea. But thinking about it .. it should be the person to understand that its wrong . If he\she is grown enough to drive , they're grown enough to know why its wrong .
In theory, yes. But many people will smoke in their cars, with their kids present, anyway.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Its stupid . They know their kids 'smoke' it too by breathing , and yet they ignore it .
Ashame .
It is nice to have most pplaces smoke free .
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I fully support this law. They have not made it illegal to smoke in cars with a child here yet, but I surely hope they do.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Well I think this law is great. There are some things, like "Smoking Areas" in amusement parks that I think are wrong. I think that they should eliminate smoking from all areas. It's not like the smoke stays in the "Smoking Area". It's smoke, it goes throughout the air. I also hate smoking overall. I think it's disgusting and stupid. :evil:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

It's everyones own responsibility if they want to damage their own health.
But there it stops. No one has the right to damage other people. By smoking in front of others they will suffer damage. And that goes for children as well.

If I take a knife and for no reason at all cut someone, even if it is just a superficial scratch, I will most likely end up in jail.
So why would I have to endure gasping for breath because someone feels that he "needs" a cigaret.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

People smoking outside is fine. I would even be happy if they had a few bars, pubs and clubs around just for smokers. But im very glad that most of them are smoke free and the same goes for workplaces. Offices in particular :D
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Alialialia wrote:Don't you hate it when you're on a motorway with the window open and the car next to you absentmindedly chucks their cigarette butt out of their window?
hell yah, I don't like people smoking in public, it causes fires. In fact I once had a friend who witnessed an island of grass on the street burst in to flames because somebody made a stupid decision. Although I am patient with smokers, mostly because some of them didn't even know it was bad for them and the world around them at the time, I am not that patient with litterers.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Clovvach wrote:I don't like people smoking in public, it causes fires.[/color]
Wot?
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Wot what? It can. People are very careless and irresponsible. I remember when I lived in the trailer park as a little girl (yeah yeah, laugh it up) and there were three trailers that burned down because of a single cigarette.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I was walking to school in the snow yesterday and someone threw a cigarette butt out of their window and it hit me. Luckily it had started to die by then, but still. WHY???
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Shay wrote: (yeah yeah, laugh it up) .
Why in the hell would anyone laugh it up ?!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I always get made fun of if ever I bring up that I grew up in a trailer park. :|
chex

Post by chex »

I enjoyed giving my mom shazam! when she first moved into one.