Game Destroyer

The Simpsons Guy

Post by Clarence »

nich
I live here

Re: The Simpsons Guy

Post by nich »

Family Guy is better.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

No, Family Guy is just stupider and random.

It may some times provide random shock humor with it's silly quick nonsensical episodes filled with unexpected flash backs but because of this I find the episodes are not watchable on repeats at all.

You need decent stories not just random nonsense to build a good show.

There's many Simpsons episodes I could watch over and over again but with Family Guy, if I seen it, it's like ... nothing at all is happening, I don't want to watch these random flashbacks again.

I was disappointed this episode wasn't happening on the Simpsons because they have been around 25 years and are more established and Family Guy should have went there .... but like Tee pointed out, Family Guy is probably hurting and could use any help it could get.

Seriously, Family Guy is so desperate for ratings it had to resort to fake killing Brian just people would hear about it and be like "What ... something actually HAPPENED in Family guy?". And of course it didn't because they brought him right back to life when people came to check it out.

And The Family Guy people are passionless people who barely try to put together a show. Seth McFarland got sick of the show at one point and was intentionally making even crappier episodes hoping for the show to get cancelled. They really don't care what they do with the show and try to push forth 20 minutes of crap to get it over with. Like the Stewie Mama gag for one, I'm sure they were like 5 minutes short of a complete episode and filled it with that bit, or Peter's injured knee gag.

The Simpsons have better characters, more in depth characters ... by times 100. And more heart felt compelling stories about these actually developed and better characters. And episodes where, get this, things actually happen unlike Family Guy which is 3 minutes of real content and the rest of random pointless flashbacks. Of course random flashbacks are funny but when you can go to random places all the time like a drug trip without any story ... you really have no content here.

Family Guy is better if you're high and drunk maybe, but to compare it to The Simpsons I would have to greatly disagree.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Oh my goodness your small quick useless comment made me type so much I'm now behind getting ready for work.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Also I'm excited for this episode to see how The Simpsons interact with the Griffins and not the other way around.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Clarence wrote:Oh my goodness your small quick useless comment made me type so much I'm now behind getting ready for work.
I meant to do that! :twisted:
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

You trolled me good man, your 4 word comment made me go on a huge rant. Good job.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I could not watch the video in the link. I'm not sure if that is a bad thing.

I absolutely love the Simpsons, and dislike Family guy just as much as I like the Simpsons. If in my entire life I watched FG for like ten minutes, it's a long time. The idea that both are in the same video sounds like a nightmare to me. It sends shivers down my spine, and it's not good shivers.
(Yes, I know I made a grammar error there. Get over it.)
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

It might be on Youtube.

I actually enjoyed the 5 minute video, I think this could be fun. Adding Simpsons to Family Guy is like putting yummy ingrediants on top of a pizza ... otherwise you just have dough. Family guy is the dough. Do'H!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I dislike Family Guy; however, this particular interaction was quite interesting. Re-bottled Duff? Good idea for a gag. The body switching bit in the reactor was also funny. And referencing the jump over Springfield Gorge is a good way to recycle a 20 year old gag.

I hope this crossover gets more Family Guy fans to start watching The Simpsons.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Clarence wrote:You trolled me good man, your 4 word comment made me go on a huge rant. Good job.
I strive. 8-)