Listening to songs from a CD and expecting the next song...

Want to share your favourite song? Talk about an awesome band? Do it here!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Listening to songs from a CD and expecting the next song...

Post by Clarence »

Ok, so we made a CD and played it way too much on drives.

So, I when a certain song ends, my mind knows what song is next from repitition.

When I hear these songs elsewear I get disappointed at the end because I want to hear the usual song next.

Know what I'm talking about? It's a messed up sensation.
Wesley
GOD

Re: Listening to songs from a CD and expecting the next song...

Post by Wesley »

I had a Yardbirds album on cassette and they shuffle the songs to make both sides the same length. So when I got it on CD they were back in the original order like on the album, and to this day it feels like they are out of order. Ha ha ha!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I had a song stuck in my head today and I'd read somewhere that you should shift your attention to the end of the song to convince your mind you've finished it, so I tried that. I ended up with the next song on my phone stuck in my head instead, and this pattern just kept going until I reached the point where I'd usually switch my music off.

I guess it's familiarity though. You're expecting what's always previously been in your routine. It'd be like if you tried to go out with no shoes - putting shoes on is usually an important step in your 'going out' routine, and if you tried to bypass that it'd probably throw you.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

If you get a song stuck in your head you're meant to sing 'walk like an egyptian' to get it out. surprisingly this sometimes does actually work for me, the theory is that all I know of the song is the line 'walk like an egyptian'- but that line alone is too short (and too boring) to get stuck in my head so it doesn't, and the original song stuck in my head sometimes goes along with it.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

"The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin works.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~