7/7 - 10th Anniversary

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Beany
Demimod

7/7 - 10th Anniversary

Post by Beany »

Ten years ago today, London experienced what was possibly the worst terror attack it's ever seen. 52 people were killed and 784 injured. Three bombs were set off on the Tube and then a fourth on a bus - some of the people killed had been evacuated from the Tube and were letting relatives know they were okay when they were killed.

Another attack was attempted two weeks later - three bombs on trains and one on a bus - but something was wrong with the bombs and the detonators didn't set the bombs off. Britain's currently on the second highest terrorism alert.

That's all I really wanted to say about this. I remember when it happened and smurf, that was scary. But let's not forget about 7/7. Despite memorial services occurring, I'm surprised the UK didn't hold a minute's silence. Until today actually arrived, the 10 year anniversary of 7/7 had been kept remarkably quiet.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I typed 7/7 into Google to try to get more information and smartarse that Google is it decided to respond with "1".
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: 7/7 - 10th Anniversary

Post by chex »

I was in London on the first anniversary of it, and there wasn't much security on the Tube. It was a bit unnerving.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

We have very many notices telling you to report anything suspicious, but I think that's about it. They do remove unattended bags and things, but it's worrying how little security there actually is. I read somewhere that they're supposedly able to identify threats much more quickly now, but considering airport security's so tight I'd have thought station security might be a little tighter.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

There might be just too many people on the tube every day to control. They had a minute of silence to remember the victims of Tunis.

This is all so scary.