Bastille Day

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Wesley
GOD

Bastille Day

Post by Wesley »

7-14-1789

The French finally grew tired of being systematically oppressed by the ruling classes and took matters into their own hands. Many heads rolled that day. Lessons can be learned from this over 200 years later.

here's a treat for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekoxIb85rww
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Re: Bastille Day

Post by Wesley »

To take it up a degree, any time the downtrodden stand up, everyone benefits. Well, except for the oppressors. In Brazil there is surprisingly little racism, because generations ago the African slaves rebelled and murdered the plantation owners. They stood up for themselves and now they are seen as equals.

In Iceland when a few bank owners manipulated the currency and ruined the economy, the people rioted and they jailed those bankers and started over.

To get back on point... here in the United States, the Rich are making laws that only serve to keep others from becoming rich. Weird laws that are only to make the rich richer, and keep the poor as poor as possible. History does repeat itself when humans fail to learn the lessons provided. Every time a new oppressive law is passed I get a little paranoid and look over my shoulder to make sure the masses are not preparing to storm the castle.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
personguy
Here and gone again

Re: Bastille Day

Post by personguy »

my sister would love this topic.
:shock: <--- i put this here for no reason
Fallow me on twitter for absolutely nothing