Drink Trays, Cultural Differences & Missing Reply Button

The best time you could ever have playing games that involve yes/no questions only!

Moderator: bella

Shay
recuerdame

Re: Drink Carrier Discussion!

Post by Shay »

I am actually super baffled by this. :lol: I feel the need to travel to other countries across the ocean just to see what else I take for granted here in the Americas that aren't necessarily available elsewhere.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Yeah, Europe boasts about it's better cell phone system but who can carry the most drinks at once, huh?
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I never boast about a better cell phone system. I boast about Dutch inventions like orange colored carrots, DVD, Bluetooth, Wifi, doughnut, gin, cocoa powder, speed camera, the list goes on and on and on.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Some witchcraft keeps making the reply buttons disappear, but only for this thread. Anyone else found this, or does my computer hate me?

I don't usually order drinks at a drive-thru that aren't in bottles (aspartame means I only order water), but as far as I can remember they usually just pass them to you one by one and it's your job to make sure you have somewhere to put them.

And Shay, things Americans take for granted - what the smurf is red velvet? I was in Tesco's earlier and they had red velvet cookies and red velvet doughnuts - I've heard of red velvet cake, but it's not a thing here and I am very confused.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
bella
the two timer

Re: Drink Trays, Cultural Differences & Cho's lost Reply Button

Post by bella »

We have trays here, but they are rarely used. People usually buy items for themselves and eat inside. There's only one drive through in the whole town. Coffee is cooked at home or in the office, so no need to buy it elsewhere.
Wesley
GOD

Re: Drink Trays, Cultural Differences & Cho's lost Reply Button

Post by Wesley »

Red Velvet is a gimmick used to make chocolate cake. It is really not that great, and the people who super love it are really just brainwashing themselves and/or they are blinded by the media. The cake is indeed red, as it uses an unholy amount of red coloring. Some people actually try to make it a different flavor, but then it is just a gross red cake, and not really a red velvet cake, which is also not really good.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I also didn't have a reply button! I had to click 'quote' on one of the posts.

As far as I'm concerned, Red Velvet definitely is a thing here, but probably not as popular as in the USA. I don't really see the point, there are far superior cakes. Also I've seen drinks carriers in Starbucks/Costa and other cafes, but not McDonalds. The drinks carriers here are usually like this though: Image
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Beany
Demimod

Re: Drink Trays, Cultural Differences & Missing Reply Button

Post by Beany »

I don't even have a quote button. I have to go into the bottom layer of a section in order to get any buttons.

Legit never seen one of those drinks carriers. They don't look very safe.

Red velvet is chocolate cake? But chocolate cake is already superior. Why make it red?
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Does anyone else see this topic as unread even after reading???
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

This thread appears to have all its buttons and correctly changes to read after reading for me. Not sure why the three of you are having so many issues. :(

In terms of Red Velvet, I like it in some cases - typically those cases where they use less cocoa. However, it has nothing to do with the red food coloring for me and everything to do with the fact that I hate chocolate cakes, so a less cocoa cake is appealing to me. Add that cream cheese frosting done right and you've got yourself a deal!

Also, I don't care for those drink carrier boxes. You can only fit two! If I have four drinks, how the heck am I going to hold two boxes and three bags of McDonald's in two hands? I just don't see this happening. :lol:
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

When I bring dinner home from work (I work at BK), I'm usually walking, so I get my food in a bag with handles and carry the two drinks (one for me and one for my dad, who is living with me for the summer) in my hands. I'd be asking for a tray if I had more drinks though.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Everybody should take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA9xBSb9NZI