So is Bill Cosby going to jail or ...

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: So is Bill Cosby going to jail or ...

Post by Moe »

chex wrote:"Bill Cosby has died. Let's take a moment to reflect on what this means for the hundreds of survivors who he affected. When he raped them. We will now light a candle for each of them, in honor of their strength. Hey, NASA! Get a shot of this from up there, will ya!?"
As nice as that will be, because of his former popularity, and how media tends to do deaths of public figures, it will probably be a mostly positive outgoing, some small protests, for at least the first little while. then followed by remembering the people he effected negatively
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

He'll probably be treated similar to Savile. I typed his name into Google and you know how it puts a little description on the right? "Sir James Wilson Vincent "Jimmy" Savile, OBE, KCSG was an English DJ, television and radio personality, dance hall manager, and charity fundraiser." Cosby's going to be noted for his good parts, then, as State said, they might possibly bung the rape bit in at the end of the announcement as an afterthought.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

Only reason I think what I said, is for the same reason that Clarence had a hard time wrapping his head around it, it's someone a lot of people liked and truly enjoyed watching.

It's like finding out your father is part of a human trafficking ring shortly before he dies. Of course you're going to be appalled by it, but come time for his funeral, your going to remember the fun things, like the time you went canoeing in the middle of a thunderstorm, or built that tree fort.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I doubt much of anything that is negative will be brought up after his death. Whether you're a celebrity or not, the moment anyone dies they become a "hero". You could be one of the biggest jack asses in the world and everyone would say so, but the moment you die it's always, "Oh, they were a good person. They were the kind of friend you could always rely on." Even balloon knot who are known for domestic violence will be portrayed as being a family man once they die.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Yeah, like I said, there may be a small couple of groups protesting, but otherwise media wise it will be pretty much all good

It's kinda sad especially for people affected by what he did and had similar things happen to them, but...

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

And that's why people don't report abuse by celebrities.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It is a weird standard. I mean, you damn know there are people out there who make false claims mixed in with the people who have legit claims. Both end up making the other side weaker. Here is a true story: A girl I went to high school with was "caught" leaving the male dorms and to save her pristine image she claimed date rape. It made the news and everything, but she was totally complicit and the tickle fight was consensual. The truth came out a few years later, but by then nobody cared, and the guy had already suffered the negative stigma of being a predator.

I'm not saying this is the case with Bill, but every time someone makes a false claim, it makes it twice as hard to prosecute legitimate claims of abuse.

And the question is still there, why have none of these women filed a legal claim against Bill? They will go on TV and stuff, but not to the local authorities?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I'm definitely not saying that they ALL happened. There's always those money mongers that will jump on any bandwagon for attention and/or money. I really don't doubt that some may be false claims and that's febreeze. They should be ashamed of themselves. However, I definitely don't think he didn't do it to any of them all together. I mean, the dude confessed and some of the stories are way too detailed and personal. Cosby's only saving grace in this entire ordeal is the statute of limitations.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I hope we get some truth, one way or the other. I'm tired of celebrities getting judged by the court of popularity before any legal action can even be made.

~ Donnie Yen ~