How many kids came to your door?

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Clarence
Game Destroyer

How many kids came to your door?

Post by Clarence »

So we just moved into a house in a populated neighbourhood where an old lady lived before. Guess she never gave out treats or maybe near the end when she got so old she set up plumbing in the dining room to put a toilet down there ???

And neighbours never did either but they got new neighbours after we moved in with kids etc

we all set up pumpkins and this was our first halloween - excited!

Wife was a witch

I was a construction worker but only had one glove .... so my gimmic was I was Michael Jackson reincarnated as a construction worker!!

BOOOOOOOM goes the dynamite

So I talked to another neighbour and she said 15 kids came last year and they prepared for 35 kids total

Well guess what?

Projector jabberwocky!

We had ghosts projected all over our house which drew the kids in like magnets.

68 that's right SIXTY EIGHT kids came by!

We were prepared for 100+ with a back up plan to hand out froot loops in ziplocks if we ran out of supply.

Ha ha ha neighbour only had 35 bags prepared. She and others around us started shutting out lights when they ran out of treats to give out.

blarp

Sponge bob came by! A kid in a rectangular custome with NO MOBILITY his arms sticking straight out and he couldn't see down! Walked up our steps and couldn't come down LMAO

Then this poor single mom who seemed scatter-brained and at a loss had to let one of her kids use our bathroom. Cool cool. Then she had to go and her other kid lol

Crazy times

I met Bob who said he was my cousin but he totally wansn't my cousin.
Beany
Demimod

Re: How many kids came to your door?

Post by Beany »

Is it a competition over there? I think most people in the UK compete for how few you get. There's now some pumpkin etiquette where you're not meant to ring the doorbell if they don't have a pumpkin - think it was an initiative started by the police, no less.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Zero. It has been an accidental point of pride with us that our house looks "haunted" year round. At our other house, if we had a kid show up (once, in ten years. Brave kid!) he /she was rewarded with whatever we had on hand. Full size candy bar? Sure! Um, can of corn? Why not! Look, you take your chances with us. HA HA HA!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

None, but then again, Halloween isn't that big around here.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I had one kid show up at 5:30. Her mom said they were going around early because they had a party to go to. We were still eating dinner, so I was annoyed. A small group around 6, which Froot Loop took care of. I made sure the light was off so we could get ready without interruption, then went out and got back around 8:30. I kept the light off, even though I still had a few fun sized Snickers bars left (I bought one small bag because we're out most of the evening) so I could enjoy watching The Great Pumpkin with the kids and not have to get up.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

At home, none, but a few people showed up at the store to trick or treat
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

They can trick or treat shops over there???
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

It's a small town, and I don't actually know how many store's had candy.. But yeah
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men