Things of the past you could eat but now are gone and sad

Don't lie. You're singing the song now, aren't you?

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Things of the past you could eat but now are gone and sad

Post by Clarence »

What you got?

Remember 3D Doritoes??? OMG they were awesome air packed Doritos and hot dam they were fun to much on

It was like someone inflated them with an air bike or something

OHHH

KFC Chicken fries am I right?

smurf you this is a picture of burger king knock offs but KFC had it right and then let it go why oh why it hurts so much

WHAT ABOUT ORBITZ!?!!

YES

They were like water but with stuff floating in it. It was so awesome and I was getting sick of natural every day boring water

Hell yeah this is like I was drinking planets, I FELT LIKE GALACTUS AND THAT'S A FEELING I NEEDED TO CHASE AND CHASE HARD DO YOU FEEL ME

I'm sober
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Things of the past you could eat but now are gone and sad

Post by chex »

I want to eat a dodo bird!

On a more serious note, I miss the Snapple Elements drinks.

And these Pop-tarts.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I really miss 7UP Gold.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Was there actual gold in it?
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Water but with stuff floating in it?? They look like lava lamps! I would just have one to look at

I tried a pop tart once and I was really excited for it, but I was slightly disappointed (maybe I over toasted it?) - they're so sweet! Like reeeeally really sweet. I think it was a chocolate one, but I couldn't taste chocolate, just sugar :/ Maybe I should try another flavour
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

sizz wrote:I tried a pop tart once and I was really excited for it, but I was slightly disappointed (maybe I over toasted it?) - they're so sweet! Like reeeeally really sweet. I think it was a chocolate one, but I couldn't taste chocolate, just sugar :/ Maybe I should try another flavour
I used to toast the frosted strawberry ones and put butter(I know, butter, typical American putting butter on everything) on them

Doritos used to have a fiery habanero flavor that I loved
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Belga chewing gum. It's not being made anymore. They came in a lot of different colors and flavors. The black one was my favorite. It's so ancient I couldn't even find a pic. Two and a half cent a piece they were back then.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I misread that as badger chewing gum, and that is not a nice thought.

I miss chewing gum that was freely available without artificial sweeteners in. Now it's really difficult to find. There was a nice one that came in strips rather than these weird pellet things... might have been Wrigley's.

I remember two brilliant foods coming out when two films came out. The first, obviously, was Harry Potter, with Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans and chocolate frogs available in supermarkets (at reasonable prices, rather than the WB prices), and Wonka bars. I know there's some kind of Wonka sweet out now, but it's nothing compared to the Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

For me it's crisps (potato chips)

When I was a kid all the supermarket chains used to do multipacks with Beef & Onion Flavor, Spring Onion, and Prawn Cocktail as well as the standard, Salted, Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion

Sometime in my teens they stopped, and only continued the standard one, along with larger muti packs which have the standard flavor plus some combination of either Prawn Cocktail, Bacon, Chicken and some kind of beef flavor

My absolute favorite was Spring Onion flavour, and I can't find them at all now from any brand, also it's only Walkers and Lidl who do Beef and onion, Walkers tastes nothing like beef, and the Lidl ones are too oniony

Also Hula Hoops used to do a Chicken Tikka flavor, they were awesome but only around for a few years

Christmas Chocolates piss me off too. I like to get a Tin (or plastic tub as they are these days) of something like Quality Street. When I was a kid we had 2.6kg Tins, and what the arsehoes have done, instead of increasing the price over the years, is keep the same price but make the tins/tubs smaller, a few years back we were down to 1.1kg, Last year is was 800 grams, and this year 780g

I dont even have an old tin that I can use to buy 3 of them and throw in one container, it's annoying because having a massive tin of sweets is part of chrismtmas tradition, not some poxy little imposter

The pic is all I could find on google images and the smallest one there looks like the 1kg from 3-4 years ago, the current ones are even smaller
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

The current ones are 780g incl. wrappers, apparently. 756g without. It also annoys me that they come in these crappy plastic pots now, rather than the tins.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

On a slightly related note, it makes me sad that you don't get galaxy truffles in celebrations anymore.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Yeah, and they got smaller too
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Ok, so I can't post a picture because I can't find them anywhere. The internet is full of a few people saying they remembered the existence and most people saying we're all crazy or lying. When I was in middle school, we got our hands on Oreo cookies with pop rocks. It was the weirdest combination but ridiculously addicting! I hated Oreo and I didn't care for pop rocks either, but this combination was orgasmic. My friends and I went through three packages in a single day!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Still can't find an archived picture even knowing that they were apparently Mothers Brand cookies called Fireworks. Either way, they were a damn good oreo-like cookie!