Things and stuff and stuff about things

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Things and stuff and stuff about things

Post by Dowster »

It's probably easy to tell, but since I changed job - March 2014. I've had no internet access at work at all. Actually I've only been in the office during the day for a total of about 6 weeks since I started there, the rest of the time i'm on the road

Currently my basic shift is 04:00-18:00 (in office from 4-8am) When I get home I spend about 2 hours doing housework, cooking dinner and getting the kids ready for bed. My wife is now also working every day, and she has fibromyalgia, so by the time I get home, she's wrecked and usually goes straight to bed

Hoping things will be a bit better this year, I took on some extra staff before xmas - have been understaffed pretty much since I started there. The only downside that I now have 16 drivers and only need 14 from Jan-September, so I need to let at least one go, can only afford to keep paying one person as a backup and telling someone they're no longer needed is never fun

In other news, with what little free time I can get, I've got back into mixing music, something I used to do a long time ago, and during xmas break I started using Virtual DJ so I could make mixes that are uploadable for my new Youtube channel. I would guess it's probably not the type of music most of you are into, but it anyone wants to check out my first mix using virtual decks (I find it much harder to adjust all dials and sliders with a mouse and cursor, as opposed to having actual buttons I can just grab) or tracks that i'm hosting my new channel is here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZAGTL ... luSSOKpuYw

I find it amusing that with a single misplaced capital letter, most people think my You tube name is Nostradum Bass, when it's actually Nostradumbass ^_^ Always a fan of a cheap pun

Anyhoo's, how has everyone been? There's a whole lot of topics, pages, sections etc that I haven't read and in all honesty won't get the time to, so if there have been any big changes or important news that you guys would like to share, and you want to post it here, I would be very keen to catch up :)
Last edited by Dowster on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley
GOD

Re: Things and stuff and stuff about things

Post by Wesley »

Big D! :D I got a couple of new typewriters, and I misplaced youaddress when I moved, so if you would ply me with said info, I would type you an old-school letter to bring you up to speed on my recent hijinks.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I'll send it to you in a PM, under condition that you don't contact my wife, particularly to either call her a hoodrat, or to apologise for the aforementioned infraction ;)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! :D
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Bwahahaha!!

Now my kids are all pissed that I won't tell them what I was laughing about. Good job, Dow. I hope you're proud of yourself.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

DOWSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D hey!

Nice mix - I also have virtual DJ but I haven't used it in a couple of years. You might want to download the free trial (if NI still do it) of Traktor, that's a nice program to use too!
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

:hurray: Dowster!
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

chex wrote:Bwahahaha!!

Now my kids are all pissed that I won't tell them what I was laughing about. Good job, Dow. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Well now I am :D
sizz wrote:DOWSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D hey!

Nice mix - I also have virtual DJ but I haven't used it in a couple of years. You might want to download the free trial (if NI still do it) of Traktor, that's a nice program to use too!
Yeah Trakor is nice, Next on my shopping list at the moment is FL studio, I want to get a legitimate copy, but always end up spending money on something else
bella wrote: :hurray: Dowster!
Dowster wrote: :hurray: Bella!
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I've never tried FL studio! heard good things though. I own Logic 9 (not strictly legit unfortunately) but as soon as I get a proper grown up job (ha) I have basically decided on switching to Ableton
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.