David Bowie

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Wesley
GOD

David Bowie

Post by Wesley »

Man... what the smurf? I understand that Time waits for no one. Time marches forward at an unstoppable pace and none of us are immune.

The great artist and performer David Bowie has left us. What are your favorite David Bowie movies or songs?

I remember in an interview when he was on the set of Labyrinth and even though he had so many #1 hits and was such a big name, he was quite humble and took direction well and left his ego at the door. I was always impressed with that.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Re: David Bowie

Post by sizz »

oh man we posted threads at the same time i think.

Bowie is an icon and I think just the fact that he told no one he had cancer (in the press) for 18 months says a lot about what sort of a person he was.

I can't delete my thread but if someone could that'd be good. this is what i said in it:

I am slightly in shock that David Bowie has died. Can't believe it. What a phenomenal guy and an incredible, inspirational musician. I mean he was one of the most (a lot of people would say the most) iconic musicians of the second half of the last century.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35278872

Two of the musical figures I love and look up to the most have died within the last few days... (bowie and boulez)
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

The man is awesome and deserves a million threads about him.

R.I.P.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

There's a theory going around that this was his way of saying goodbye. I think it was released a few days ago:

https://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Ya8
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I don't believe I've even heard his music, but when I saw the news, my first thought was "I hope Blondie is handing it okay."
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

My favorite is the Goblin King in Labyrinth.
I was not to keen on his music, though I admit that he had a great impact on modern music.