Serial Podcast

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Serial Podcast

Post by Moe »

I noticed we don't have a place to talk about podcasts, and I get that a lot of people don't listen to podcasts so that's fine.

I've been listening to the Serial podcast lately, because I find it interesting.

In the podcast, the host, Sarah Koenig tells a story about a person over the course of a few weeks.

Season one was about an, at the time, teenager, named Adnan Syed, and about the murder he was sent to jail, and about if he actually killed the girl, Hae Min Lee, his ex girlfriend. It was rather interesting listening her go through the case and what things got overlooked, and whether the case would have come out differently if they had gotten considered.

Season 2 (Ongoing) is talking about Bowe Bergdahl, why he did what he did, why it took so long to find him, among other things having to do with him, and the Taliban and such.

One reason I really like the podcast is because the host get's really in depth about it, talks through almost everything she can find, but then at the end, she doesn't draw any conclusions. She doesn't ever say "Oh, yeah, so I think Adnan is innocent", and I doubt that at the end of Season 2, that she will say "So, I think Bergdahl had his reasons for doing what he did, and I don't think he should get serious punishment for it." She talks about it, pours through the case, and lets the reader decide what to think of it.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Re: Serial Podcast

Post by Beany »

Interesting... I may have to look this one up.

I download a lot of radio programmes to listen to at work, but the only actual podcast I listen to is Welcome To Night Vale. Unless you count what some places call a podcast (programmes broadcast on the radio then made available to download permanently, rather than for a few weeks).
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I usually consider something a podcast if it is regularly (usually weekly) made and posted, usually able to watch whenever after they post it.

A lot of things I listen to actually call themselves a podcast so..lol.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I listened to the first season about Adnan when I was working at the State Patrol. Did you know he was approved to have his case revisited? I kinda forgot about his case until you just mentioned it, so I don't know if there's been any progress on it or not. I feel for the guy. There was soooooo much mishandling of his case.