"Choose Life" License Plate

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Shay
recuerdame

"Choose Life" License Plate

Post by Shay »

So this is happening. smurf you, Nebraska.

http://journalstar.com/legislature/choo ... 1b5a8.html
Wesley
GOD

Re: "Choose Life" License Plate

Post by Wesley »

Agreed. That is febreeze. That is putting one's personal beliefs into official legal stuff, and it ain't cool. How would they react if some bad bottom athiest or pastafarian got in there and made official state-sanctioned license plates that said,"Your god is dead?" Guaranteed they would flip their collective bible hugging shazam!.

Funny how they are allowed to oppress others and it is fine, because they,"...want what is best." But as soon as someone else who ALSO wants what is best tries to shove some opinions around BAM! Now they are being oppressed and persecuted! Waaaaaa, go cry to your momma.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

How about they issue license places for, and against it, depending on who you are, you make the decision. Then everyone will be driving around with both and constantly getting out of cars to fight each other lol

It's a touchy subject to force either side down everyone's throats.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I have so many issues with this.

1. First and foremost, the obvious separation of church and state. That one's pretty self-explanatory and I don't think I need to go into it further.
2. I feel like this is just a method to put targets on peoples backs and sow discontent between people, whether you have the choose life plate or don't have it. Frustration raises on both ends and for many, you can instantly make a snap judgement against the individual you don't know.
3. I also feel like this could lead to increased road rage, an issue we already have here in the college town.
4. I also feel like it singles those of us out who are allegedly non pro-lifer's. (I could go on another tangent about how that statement is total febreeze. Most people are pro-life. Most people do not just wish for death. We care about living. Anyway...) I feel like it's another self-righteous movement to show how much better the believers are than the rest of the scum who are all about baby parts.
5. This is an extremely hot debatable topic that does not belong on a government issued license plate. This affects people's lives and deserve a more serious handle of the situation. There a number of hot debatable topics out there, are we going to start putting them on license plates too? Being that I live in a red state, I guess it's just a matter of time before the anti-gay marriage license plate comes out.