The Martian

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

The Martian

Post by Moe »

I really liked this movie.

Both this movie and Interstallar, I had expected to be more actionny, this one especially because of Matt Damon.. but it was in the same boat as Interstellar, where I quickly was okay with the lack of action.

I really felt for him as he was stranded on Mars alone, trying to survive until Earth could send someone to rescue him
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Shay
recuerdame

Re: The Martian

Post by Shay »

The Martian is the best damn movie I've ever seen. 'Nuff said.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: The Martian

Post by Clarence »

I never seen this movie, but I do feel like movies try to jam too much action into it, Van Helsing was terrible, there was no break in action and it was too much ... I got tired watching it.

Star Wars is an example, the old light saber battles sucked ... but there was tons of emotion and story behind it ... the prequels was light saber fight after light saber fight I didn't care about .... the Revenge of the sith I was getting bored as hell with Anakin vs Obi Wan, jumping around on the lava robots, swinging on robots etc etc ... come on, I'm done.

Overly climatic is just as bad if not worse than anti-climatic.

Older movies are better.