See You Again

Want to share your favourite song? Talk about an awesome band? Do it here!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

See You Again

Post by Clarence »

Listening to Jango and Eminem songs etc, whatever plays that's in that group.

Then Wiz Khalifa comes on with "See you again"

.... and it's a sad smurf song. About a dead friend. Made me think of John and also Jason, who I realized that he was my best friend after he died cause others have flaked out etc.

So I'm kind of touched and thinking, ok, this artist had to have been inspired by a real life thing that happened to him personally. Did Wiz Khalifa lose a friend in real life? I had to look it up...

No ... it was a song as part of a sound track for a Fast and Furious movie ... the shittiest franchise of all time...

And dedicated to Paul Walker .....

That's not sad. It's not like Paul Walker was tragically taken from the world from cancer or something .. him and his friend were joy riding and super speeding in a fancy Porsche Carrera GT... drove way too fast (100 miles per hours = 160 KPH!!) and they crashed into a concrete lamppost and two trees and exploded .....

Conclusion: This song gave me a lot of emotions today :/ When I found out what the song was really about... I was no longer sad about it.

Paul Walker's family tried to sue Porsche ffs

Here's what Porsche had to say:
PCNA alleges that Mr. Walker knowingly and voluntarily assumed all risk, perils, and danger in respect to the use of the subject 2005 Carrera GT, that the perils, risks and dangers were open and obvious and known to him, and that he chose to conduct himself in a manner so as to expose himself to such perils, dangers and risks, thus assuming all the risks involved in using the vehicle. Mr. Walker's death, and all other injuries or damages claimed, were the result of Mr. Walker's own comparative fault.
Beany
Demimod

Re: See You Again

Post by Beany »

The great thing about songs is they can mean different things to different people. Despite it not having as deep an original meaning as it seemed, it's what it means to you that counts.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: See You Again

Post by Clarence »

Somehow it lost a lot of meaning for me when I researched it. I would have probably still found it sad if I didn't look it up. Talked to Tee and she felt the same way about some heart felt songs when she found out someone else wrote them than the artist singing them.