Favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe Film?

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!

What is best?

Iron Man
No votes
The Incredible Hulk
No votes
Iron Man 2
No votes
Thor
No votes
Captain America: The First Avenger
No votes
Marvel's The Avengers
33%
Iron Man 3
No votes
Thor: The Dark World
No votes
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
No votes
Guardians of the Galaxy
No votes
Avengers: Age of Ultron
67%
Ant-Man
No votes

Total votes: 3

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe Film?

Post by Clarence »

hmmm?
Shay
recuerdame

Re: Favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe Film?

Post by Shay »

Man, this is such a difficult choice for me! I guess I'll have to go with Age of Ultron because I feel like they keep outdoing themselves with almost every movie they come out with. I'm convinced that this Civil War is going to be my all-time favorite yet.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I found Age of Ultron kind of weak and forgetful.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

The first Avengers was amazing and the lead up was great and the anticipation! It was the first time getting together!

Just like fun times in high school

Avengers 2 was like a crappy 10 year reunion where everyone lost all passion and steam.

Age of Ultron? More like minor temporary nuisance of Ultron with absolutely no lasting effects or consequences on the overall universe of films.

As much as I love Marvel and smurf loathe DC, Marvel always screws the pooch with it's villians (with the exception of Loki which where the smurf was Loki) ... they wasted soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential on this horrible watered down Ultron.

I guess my expectations were too high in 2 and it couldn't live up to it for me :P

It was fun watching super Iron Man vs Hulk tho

Vision is the worst / most pointless character of all time. No personality he is what Toby is to the Office. He's a perfect candidate for team Cap, the nerd team. Go team Iron man!

And the Hulk going emo and flying away on a plane all sad? WTF was that? Hawk Eye's pointless family? No he's still the lamest avenger and seeing his family still makes me feel nothing for him. In fact is was kind of a douche bag move to bring the other Avengers there to put his family in danger! And Nick fury lives in a garage now???

I could go on forever but I'll stop there.

Is Black Window a Shay or what? She's after the Hulk's princess sophia in this movie after slutting it up with Cap and Hawk Eye in previous movies. She'll probably blow Thanos in the infinity wars. Well how else can you stop a guy with a glove that can do anything?

Wait stopping lol

Here's more: They tried to compete with Columbia Picture's version of Quicksilver played by awesome Pete Evans ... with a crappy not as cool or entertaining Quicksilver ... who died pointlessly. When characters die you're suppose to go "Oh shazam! nooooooooooo" ...... not "ok, good, I'm glad that happened" and I kept shoving popcorn in my face without pause cause I felt NOTHING

Seriously though, I respect your opinion but I like to rant on about movies sometimes :)

Am I a nerd or what lol
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I guess I am not really familiar with these people in the comics, so how they're portrayed in the movies is how I assume they're supposed to be. So Vision does not bother me at all. I figured he's supposed to have this dry, almost lack of character or personality because he is a machine that is now full of incredible power from the infinity stone.

I never really got the feeling that Black Widow was whoring it up with Hawkeye. It's always kind of felt to me like she "owed him a debt" or something as a long-time partner/"savior" to her previous life before Shield. I also felt like the whole Cap thing was part of the act and trying to find a way to connect. And sure, maybe she was actually crushing on him and maybe she wanted something to be there, but you find love when you least expect it. It's implied that she has been working with Banner for a very extended period of time in attempting to help control his rage. In that first scene when she does that song and dance to calm him down? That doesn't happen overnight. That's been a very long, tiring, and dangerous process. It requires both of them to open up to each other on a level of trust and understanding that we can't really comprehend. So it's only natural that the two of them would end up finding a connection on even the deepest of levels.

I loooove Scarlet Witch. I will admit that Quicksilver was a little lack luster, but I'm pretty sure the intent was not to get too attached because he was always going to die anyway. That is so Marvel can have Scarlet Witch and X-Men gets Quicksilver. But I do think they could have done better with him regardless.

As far as not having any lasting effects, I just don't see that. The vision that Tony Stark has and the actions of constantly "betraying" the rest of the team only builds on what's to come in Civil War. It's the very foundation being set to show that the team is already starting to divide. I really feel for Tony because he has always had the best intentions in mind, but sometimes his cockiness gets the best of him and his attempts at a better world end up causing more problems.

I also found the movie to be pretty funny.

I dunno, I've always claimed to be a pretty easy pleaser when it comes to movies. I'm not a critc by any means. So don't mind me and my love for this movie. Lol
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I'm way tooo critical it's a problem lol
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I'm not familiar with comics either to be honest .... I did watch many cartoons and most were close enough to the comics.

... I've never read a comic ever. Do Cushion Chronicles count :P

I was making lewd jokes about Black Widow to try to be humorous :P Ummmm ever see the video where they ask the actors who play Cap and Hawkeye why Black Widow seems to be after a different man in every movie? And Chris Evans said well maybe she's a chex.... and people were pissed and they had to apologize? I think Chris Evans actually apologized but hawkeye actor refused cause it was obviously a joke.

Scarlet Witch was cool, they should have just had her and not even attempted Quicksilver at all.

Lasting effects ... for the story / plot, sure, for the audience ... eh. Of all the movies, this one just doesn't stick with me. Maybe I'm played out from too many movies lol. It feels like it's the least memorable, quoteable etc etc. When discussing the films with others I almost never pull anything that happened from Avengers 2 as a talking point. I never hear other people say much about it either when talking about these movies.

There was something oddly blah about it, maybe it was James Spader's voice and no personality Vision. We lost the Hulk and kept .. Vision. It's like when yo go on a diet. Hamburgers YAY ... peas .. smurf

Funny ...h mmmm... some of the lines felt forced to me. Some of Ultron's lines were straight up some of the corniest and played out cliche villain things you've ever heard. I full on cringed at some of Ultron's dialogue, for reals. There was a voice in my head screaming "You're a smurf robot, talk better than that!" He didn't have to sound like a big word spewing robot, I get the personality but some of his lines .... cut and paste done to death every villain lines. To explain it so it fits in with the movie, it's like he was using Google to come up with things to say ... hey let's quote Pinocchio

Again I'm critical, sometimes I wish I could just hit myself with a hammer and enjoy it and dismiss the flaws :P
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Threads like this make me feel like I'm missing a super hero fan gene or something. :lol:
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

o'chex wrote:Threads like this make me feel like I'm missing a super hero fan gene or something. :lol:
Maybe, maybe

Me and the wife swapped out the car during my lunch break and we drove around talking about Xmen and other movies and such, casting choices etc .... I thought and said "Damn I'm so lucky to have a wife I can get into these conversations with " lol
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I know DC vs Marvel, but other than that, they all blend together for me. I didn't realize there were that many recent movies!

Exchex and I used to have in depth discussions like that over Harry Potter.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Now that's something I know little to nothing about lol
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

McClarence wrote:Now that's something I know little to nothing about lol
That makes two of us. :lol: Like... I watched all the movies and all, but they didn't stick with me other than knowing who pretty much just the main characters and not any side characters.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I didn't watch any of them