Two Years.

In this section there is topics to get to know you better: post a picture of yourself, age, s.e.x., location, you know stuff like that. So please stop in and let us get to know you better or vice versa.
Wesley
GOD

Two Years.

Post by Wesley »

Woah, it has been just a little over two years since I first started playing the Never Ending Level Game. I think there were only 150 levels back then. The forum was blue, and looked like a template from Blogger.com or something mildly futuristic like that. I was digging the challenge and the fact that most new levels worked off logic learned in the previous levels. I usually rip through games like this pretty quick, so when it just kept on going, I was very pleased.

Since then so much has happened in real life that I have to sit and ponder it all. Lots of changes, some good and some bad. A few mild tragedies. No real progress, just fending off boredom and defeat while trying to survive, but not really having a plan for victory. I am in a war of attrition against my own self, and I still don't know who is winning.

But enough of that! I joined the blue forum about 2 weeks before it was shut down. Saw the rise and fall of the next forum. I actually went from lurking in the help section, randomly passing out anonymous nuggets of witty wisdom, to 11th most posts in a forum that had a milliondy posts and almost as many topics. I think I may have had over 1000 posts in there! Can you believe it? Now I prance about in this forum like it is my own little playground, my ego getting bigger by the moment, having no sense of urgency or direction. It is all like a dream. A smurf up, narcissistic dream.

So, here is my nugget of wisdom for this scenario: After two years, I should have more to show for my time spent. Both in the real world and in the game. I don't know if I am bad for the forum, or if the forum is bad for me, or both, or neither. I am going to have a little experiment and see if I can't make some progress in the NELG... AND in real life. Not sure how I am going to do that yet. I guess it would help to have some sort of plan...

Didja ever notice my little quote down there? It really fits the game. It fits life as well. I think I am going to go with that as the fuel to power my solid gold rocket car to my own destiny. I just need a map. I am going to have to make that map myself.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Re: Two Years.

Post by Shay »

Where's the like button? :notme:
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Cut the crap Zot and don't ya scare me .
what experiment are you talking about?? share .

This forum is good for us, its good\god for you too .
Two years...
It has been so long since we all joined .
I could not imagine ma'life with out knowing some of you ppl , most of you ppl .

I think we're good for each other , we know it all , we care and we helped -are helping-and will keep on helping each other for many years to come .

Sometimes life sucks , when i'm down , i would not like to come on here , but if i'd only peek --that would make the different , i would laugh -think -share -ask- answer- and laugh some more --> then i'd forget about my bad .

In case my 'bad' is real 'bad' , i'll get you ppl to help me out and show me the way .

you ppl did it more then once for better or worst .
Well basically my point is we faking rock! And we're here for GOOD . Don'tya doubt me this one time..

Sympathies is one more thing .
just as the forum could make me feel great knowing you ppl did good or some , it could easily make me feel down if i'd read something sad . so fak you too for that .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Goodness gracious! It has been over a year since I posted this, which means NELG and the forum have been rocking faces for over three years! Who would have imagined we would all still be here? A lot has happened in the past year. I got rid of my old Mercedes. Ninja got married. Chex is having a baby. Effie got a job. Clarence got a girlfriend. Many things have stayed the same, such as the fact that I am still at the same job, still complaining, yet too lazy to do anything about it. The grand experiment I mentioned in the first post up there? Yeah, abandoned. I may try it again at some point.

It is fascinating to me that this forum and this group of people are a wonderful example of both the constant changes in the Universe as well as the unchanging constants all around us.

Whatever it is we are doing right, let's keep on doing it!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Awesome, and agreed! Thanx!
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Yeah, isn't it weird? It's so nice how many of the early members are still here and we have a shiny new forum. I can't believe that this third forum has been going for more than a year...
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I still feel like a new member.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I am still glad we are keeping this going, this feels like home!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Dude, you nailed it. This feels like home.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Somehow i am not surprised at all thhat we all are still here . I am surprise though that 3 years and my spelling is still like sh!t . title need to be change for 3years . Now!
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday