Breakfast

Don't lie. You're singing the song now, aren't you?

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Wesley
GOD

Breakfast

Post by Wesley »

So, what do you have for breakfast?

I just read a funny and enlightening article by a British guy:

http://www.extracrispy.com/culture/301/ ... p_1=386122
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Breakfast

Post by chex »

I have coffee for breakfast. I'll happily eat either American or English breakfast for my second breakfast though.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I hate breakfast. Cereal, toast, eggs. It's smurf boring. The only thing I like about breakfast is eggs benedict and french toast which is rare.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I need eggs benny now. You're bad for my diet.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I just have (cold) coffee with a slice of buttered toast. Only, the butter is low fat margarine. :cry:
My dietician does not allow me more. I think she's nu ts. Breakfast is the most important meal of the dat.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Nich, the question was not whether or not you hate breakfast, but what you eat. Perhaps, what would you like to eat?

Lal, many studies have now shown that low-fat diets are not as helpful as once thought, since our bodies produce fats from many other things that we eat anyway.

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

chex wrote:I need eggs benny now. You're bad for my diet.
Eggs benedict isn't THAT unhealthy.

This one time we replaced the English muffin with French toast.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

My "breakfast" is whatever the fam made for supper, as that is my breakfast time....

However, when I make breakfast foods, I make eggs over easy with english muffin toast (English Muffin bread is good, yet I don't like english muffin muffins
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

During the week there's usually just coffee. At the weekends breakfast is bred rolls with cold cuts, hard boiled eggs sometimes and marmalade / nutella. Sometimes with fresh fruit or veggies and some juice and coffee of course.

English breakfast is really nice once in a while, it's tasty and filling. But it seems like there are no vitamins, nothing fresh in it, just processed food (besides the egg). I wouldn't want to have it everyday but when visiting GB, I need to have at least one.
American breakfast is a whole meal for a day with leftovers to take home. Pancakes with chex! And hash browns with Zot. Good memories.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

A friend of mine is on a medically induced diet, and can't have mane traditional breakfast foods for now. Made us think about how many countries and cultures do not have any special food for breakfast. Whatever they have for lunch and dinner is also for breakfast. I may do some research into this.

By the way, the scattered covered smothered hash browns that I had with Bella were pretty good, but I think the company was better.

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »