Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Post by Moe »

I was going through my movies and saw them, so I went to watch them, and rewatching it, I can't help but think that Samwise is the true hero of Lord of the Rings

Example: First Movie, right after they run into Merry and Pippin, and then shortly after, the Black Riders, and they are hiding under some giant tree roots. Frodo takes out the ring and almost puts it on, in which, the rider would have found him, killed him, taken the ring, and ended the movie. EXCEPT HE DIDN'T! Sam grabbed Frodo's hand before he put it on, stopping him, and saving him.

Another Example: After Frodo gets webbed by the giant spider in the third movie, Sam kills the spider.

More Iconic Example: 2.5 Hours into the third movie, Frodo is super dehydrated and can't climb up the mountain anymore. Same delivers the line "I can't carry it for you [the ring], but I can carry you!" and proceeds to carry Frodo up the damned mountain!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Post by Wesley »

Keen observation. There are many moments where the others want to quit, cheat, take the easy road, etc., but Samwise insists they do it right (or begrudgingly goes along.) He is not the smartest one in the Shire, nor is he the exciting risk taking Hero, but he does what he is told and leaves his ego out of it. Without Sam, there is no story, no happy ending.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Post by Moe »

Seriously! After this rewatch he became my favorite character!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men