welcome back BeatStick...

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Re: welcome back BeatStick...

Post by Wesley »

There was a whole series of crappy emotional movies made back in the '80s... many of which had Molly Ringwald. The ones with John Cusack were cool, the others, not so much. But if you want to satisfy your curiosity, do a weekend with Breakfast Club, Say Anything, Sixteen Candles, Stand By Me, um... throw Ski School in there just to make sure you don't spontaneously turn into a chick with big hair and high bangs! :D
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Isn't Stand By Me the one based on the Stephen King short story, The Body?
http://www.movietome.com/movie/276437/s ... %2Bby%2Bme
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yup. I tend to group movies made within a year or two of each other. It is how they were released, how they were watched by the first audience, how I remember them. Many coming of age flicks are still poignant today... others, well, aren't. Tell you what, I'll watch this one again and re-evaluate my former statement. We'll see how the years have changed my opinions.

By the way, if you get Cory Feldman and Cory Haim together in the same movie....

~ Donnie Yen ~
Ninja
*must post more*

Post by Ninja »

you get the truffle shuffle?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Ha har! I think for the sake of completeness, one should attempt to watch a ton of 1980s coming of age films all in one weekend. Goonies, Lucas, Stand By Me, Heathers, Pump Up The Volume, The Breakfast Club, Say Anything, oh, man, just listing all these is starting to make me feel a little... I dunno. Some of these movies are enjoyable, especially when you are half my age. Others are enjoyable when you are exactly my age.

Okay, slightly back on topic... they wore Chuck Taylors in Stand By Me because back then the choices were dress shoes, work shoes, army boots, or Chucks. Chuck Taylors Converse AllStars are still popular because they are simple, cheap, and nostalgic. They do not offer good arch support and are pretty crappy by today's standards, but people still love them. That karate guy in Nightmare On Elm Street 3 wore Chuckies.

Even more back on topic, Welcome back BeatStick! I still do calculus with a spork.

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I loved the Breakfast Club.

And Chucks are not really cheap, considered that they are only made of cloth and a rubber sole you rather pay for the brand name. I have a pair too.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Oh my , So this one is off topic big time now .. I wonder since when ..
I shouldn't skip topics .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Chucks ARE expensive...

Stand By Me is probably my favourite film. The book, The Body is really good too.. well its part of Different Seasons. Shawshank Redemption's another one of the storys in that book. I haven't read any other Stephen King books...
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
BeatStick
*must post more*

Post by BeatStick »

Effie wrote:Oh my , So this one is off topic big time now .. I wonder since when ..
I shouldn't skip topics .
What do you mean? All these posts are clearly meant to welcome me back.
:notme:
Hello