Non Interest Income

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

Non Interest Income

Post by Wesley »

This is the thing banks love more than chocolate, more than tax breaks from the government, more than a hot cup of coffee and some hot lovemaking. Non Interest Income is what they get as charges at an ATM machine, penalties for bouncing a check, things like that.

In my case, I deposited my payroll check on Friday. I paid a few bills online on Tuesday, thinking that in this modern world of computers and all that, this would have been enough time for checks to clear, money to change hands, and for them to allow me to have access to my money. I was half right. They paid the bills that I submitted, all told about two hundred dollars worth. No big deal, right? But then on Thursday, they charged my account 140 dollars for,"Unavailable funds fee".... What? Yeah! They acknowledged that my money belongs to me, and it was in my account, and they used it to pay the bills I had indicated, but they explained to me that a check (my payroll check, remember?) takes 3 Business Days before it is available to spend. So, you want me to believe that in the age of computers that connect Soviet Russia to Israel to China to Brasil to UK to USA it takes THREE FREAKING DAYS to have some numbers appear on a screen?!?!? Nonsense.

They use these policies to rationalize getting free money from fools like me. I just purchased 140 dollars worth of nothing. Now, I am not an extravagant person. I am good at being thrifty. I am good at living within my means, which are already low, and carefully, artfully, making sure things get paid on time... or almost on time. When my own bank does something like this, it makes it difficult to keep on living the way I do. Perhaps it is a wake up call to seek more gainful employment, to start selling drugs, to sell my blood once a week, to do SOMETHING different.

I'll be thinking about this for the next 10 hours or so. If I get an epiphany I will certainly share it.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Giana
I never sleep

Re: Non Interest Income

Post by Giana »

That sucks!
Selling your blood once a week is a little too much,i can donate it every 4 months,but they will never allow it that often and i dont think is good for your body.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Too long, I'll read it tomorrow.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Procrastinator.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Wtf that's crap! Who do you bank for? Did you ask them if they could waive it this once?
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Im not gonna get started on this one because Zot has covered the rant and the reasons for it, so I don't need to add a full account of my recent bank charges. So I`ll just say im with you all the way on this one

smurf EM.. balloon knot