THE KEYS TO THE UNIVERSE!

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Wesley
GOD

THE KEYS TO THE UNIVERSE!

Post by Wesley »

Okay, no shazam! on this one.

Many years ago, like 2003 or 2004, I was at my job doing to work I did, somewhat isolated, pink noise of the machines humming in the background, conducive to meditative thought. A weird little logic trail revealed a Cosmic Truth to me, and I stopped in my tracks! Woah! This has to be one of the Keys to the Universe! I was so moved that I felt I had been changed as a person. I thought to myself,"This is who I am now. This moved me. There is no way I could ever forget this!" And the next day I did not remember.

And so, here is my most recent bit of enlightenment. I am going to go back and show you the bread crumbs I followed to get here.

I was recently helping a friend install a ceiling fan. In the process, we shut off the power to the circuit that included the light in the attic. We went up the ladder and pulled the little chain on the bulb, and in so doing, I was reminded of a very similar event / vibe from my grandfathers house in Idaho. The event in question happened 40 years ago. The details are not important. It got me thinking about nostalgia. Little things that remind you of past events, all stored in 3 lbs of fat and some electricity. Not long after, I was ruminating about this stuff and decided that instead of waiting for something NOW to remind me of something THEN, thus starting the wave of Nostalgia, how about I just intentionally think of some things that happened to me when I was younger? This got me thinking and smiling and all that. At one point I was reminded of a dream I had when I was about ten. Interesting dream about maps, travel, school, mammoths. Now, inside my head, right now, in the fat and electricity, the memory of the dream and the memory of falling off my bike are both memories; both memories are equally real things in my "now." Hmmm....
my cat jumped onto my lap a few minutes ago. Even though he is there now, licking his back, the memory of him jumping there has equal footing with the dream from my childhood and the light in my grandfather's basement.
The memories of all these events are equal, valid, and "real." Okay, hold on now.... "Now," seems to be determined by the point of initial observation. Right now I am me, and I am real, but in a millisecond that "me" joins the memories wherein dreams and reality are equal. Okay, we are getting somewhere. It seems that the limit of when real and remembered is, is just set by Time. Our own thoughts and actions right now join our dreams and experiences from minutes and years ago to all become the reality inside our head. Okay, put a pin in that for a second; I'm going to do a three-point-turn. Baki jumping into my lap is just as real as the dream about the mammoths and the moving map, which was not real, what with being a dream and all. Sooo.... Baki jumping into my lap is just as imaginary as the dream I had 40 years ago. If you wait one second, Real becomes synonymous with Unreal, which is indeed a real memory. Gonna upshift a little bit; EVERYTHING is imaginary in a millisecond, and it is all real. If all my experiences are both real and not real in a split second, then I am also real and not real. Don't let me lose you here. All my experiences past and present (which is about to be the Past...) are me, and I am them, and they are all both real and not real. One step further: I am everything, you are everything, we are all everything, we are all each other, and we are not real, and we are Real. Now let me bring it back a hot second: You know that clichë about Thinking outside the Box? Okay, through our limits and observations and fears and experiences, we make that box. And that box is not real. THERE IS NO BOX! You and I make our own reality. The Universe is us and we are each other. There is no box, no limit to what you can do. Be you, be The Universe. There is no box.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Re: THE KEYS TO THE UNIVERSE!

Post by Wesley »

I left out a piece. Nostalgia really helped unlock this. When I would accidentally have waves of the past meeting me in the present, I was fascinated. When I purposefully wandered in my mind, I was educated. All the books I've read, object lessons I've learned.... no I did not remember all of that and become Zen as smurf, but by tickling all the synapses from the past to the present, those deeper memories were also stimulated, and I am certain that those experiences shape my current thoughts.

Fascinating!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Re: THE KEYS TO THE UNIVERSE!

Post by bella »

Sounds a bit like Schrödinger.
I think that we create our own boxes and believe everything Inside is the reality whereas it is only what we assume to be universally true. Some have the ability to see beyond. Others are stuck in their own little reality.