NELG Level Countdown

This is for forum posting games if you're extra bored and there's nothing to do and you feel like you need to lower your IQ a bit. enjoy!

Moderator: bella

NTG
Green Man

NELG Level Countdown

Post by NTG »

So here's the topic thingy where each time I beat a level I share how may levels I have left and post a fun fact about that number. Let's start!
76 levels left(225-300)

76 is a composite number that is even, which is composed by three prime numbers multiplied together.

(2 x 2 x 19)
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: NELG Level Countdown

Post by Moe »

random sidebar, aren't all non-prime numbers composite? Also, congrats on reaching that level! It's about 150 levels higher than I ever got!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Also, have you learned about imaginary numbers yet? Imaginary numbers were one of my favorite math topics
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

I like the concept of Infinity. It keeps me entertained on long bus/car rides.

(If you had a number line going from 0 to infinity and you never, ever, EVER stopped counting on that numberline, would you still be at 0, at infinity, or somewhere in the middle?)

And then I would think of an answer to that.

I've got a lot of cooler facts coming, but I may never get to 226.

I think I'll change this to Number of the Day where each day you get a fact about the next number.

I'll go into more detail if I make NOTD.

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Moe

Post by Moe »

you wouldn't still be at 0, but you would be 0% through counting all the numbers on that number line. Due to the idea of infinity, there are also infinite non whole numbers between 0 and 1. If you are counting between 1 to 0, You could get down to 0.1, then add another 0, making it 0.01, then 0.001, and you could just keep adding zeroes making the number infinitely smaller without reaching 0

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Interesting thing about Infinity. Yeah, the infinity between Zero and one is the same size at the infinity between zero and infinity. This poses problems when making rules and laws for mathematics. A friend of mine who is a professor of math at Shippensburg University wrote a paper on "Arbitrarily Large" numbers. Most times when we say Infinite, we actually mean Arbitrarily Large. Think about it. :)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Thinking about how there are infinite points between 0 and 1, how does anyone ever finish races? Would they not just be getting infinitely closer to the finish line rather than cross it?
GreatZot wrote:Most times when we say Infinite, we actually mean Arbitrarily Large. Think about it.
Yeah, I can agree with that.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Rate of change is not incremental. So let's say I am drinking a beer. I don't drink half, then 1/4 then 1/8, etc. I drink half, then I drink the other half. Done.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

75 levels left

The reciprocal of 75 is 0.0133333333.....

Maybe instead of Infinity itself, this discussion will be about numbers that go on for infinity, or at least numbers that are arbitrarily large.

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again