My Opinion on Walkthroughs.

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

NTG
Green Man

My Opinion on Walkthroughs.

Post by NTG »

Walkthroughs. We all have heard of them, we all hate them But what's my view on them?

They just make the game pointless in my opinion. Yeah, you got to a higher level, but you missed out big-time on the game! In my opinion I love the game, even through the ups and downs. And nothing beats that one moment where you FINALLY beat that one level you were stuck on for a long time! So why would you wan to skip it? I would much rather be on Level 50 legit than Level 300 but cheated. So, in my opinion walkthroughs ruin the point of them game for the player. And some people use'm to get a higher level! Good grief! That's just my opinion though.
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!
Wesley
GOD

Re: My Opinion on Walkthroughs.

Post by Wesley »

Check this out!

Back in the early days of Nintendo, there were some playthrough, choose your own adventure style of games such as Shadowgate. In the official guide (which you cold buy separately) there were three levels of hints. Level one was a nice but vague hint. Level two was a bit bolder. Level three flat out told you what to click. This kind of "walkthrough" was actually pretty cool, because you could enjoy or complete the game at your own pace with as much challenge as you wanted.

now, kids these days.... when I was managing a movie theater, LevelGame only had 160 levels. I shared it with my other managers and we all had fun. Tracy showd it to her kids, and they just used Google to get all the answers and finish it in one afternoon. No fun, no challenge, just done. How smurf pathetic and boring! But hey, some people are just pathetic and boring.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

Those levels of walkthroughs sound like what you get in the Help Section, level 1 is if you ask for 1 hint, level 2 if you ask for more and level 3 using walkthrough.

I actually have something to confess. I cheated. Not all through the game, just from the 70's or 80's to the 110's. So no hall of fame for me. I don't mind. I am not looking for fame, just entertainment. all levels 120-269 were legit.
An that's why I HATE my old self for ruining a perfectly legit run! But, all those levels were re-beaten legit (by finding the pw.) Jeez I should've told ya guys sooner.

Walkthroughing through the whole game is stupid. If it is a paid game, you should get a walkthrough because you PAID for the game, you should be able to play the whole game. But a free game, I think you should try to do as best you can legit before using a walkthrough.

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Also, about ten years ago I had a really good rant in here about walkthru users and poseurs and the like. Good stuff!

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

Walkthrough posters... grrrrr
If I type in "Never Ending Level Game" on google, after the game and forum there are walkthrough links that I swear to not click. I have my own walkthrough in Notepad incase I forget put that's not going public.

People who post walkthroughs on the forum, what are they thinking? Do they WANT to get banned or something?

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Back when we had 100 active users a day, the mods were pretty busy editing posts. If a user gave too much info in a hint, we would leave most of the hint, but creatively edit out the offensive bit with a "ZOT!" or "Edited By Bells" or even a "Moogle Flagan".

"In order to get past this level, you have to turn the ZOT! with the Zot!"

Get it? :) It was actually my subtle hints that got Clarence' attention and invited me to be a mod.

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

100 users? Wow!

I've never got to help someone before. Not that I want to be a mod, I have no interest in that, I just want to help people along their epic journey of 300 levels.
By the way, The password to Level 268 is ZOT! and the one to level 269 is zot! but different color (not actual pws)

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

A movie came out a few years ago that was the password to one of the levels. I showed a picture of where I worked (a movie theater) and the picture was edited! :) Ha ha ha ha!

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

Now even movie companies are giving out walkthroughs!

How will we avoid them!?!?!

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again