NELG 2- Hall of Fame Vote

Bored with Never Ending Level Game? Well NTG is working on a sequel to pass the time :)

Moderator: NTG

Should I add a hall of fame for NELG 2?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Other idea (Explain)
33%

Total votes: 3

NTG
Green Man

NELG 2- Hall of Fame Vote

Post by NTG »

The levels in the official release of NELG 2 (after I make the 10 test levels) will be easily cheatable by going into the game’s code. Should I make a Hall of Fame? I trust the current NELG regulars to not cheat, but if any other people play they can cheat it. Should I add a hall of fame?
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: NELG 2- Hall of Fame Vote

Post by Moe »

So, I have a complicated answer.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: That all depends on you. How many levels do you think you'll make? Are you okay with knowing that if a not-current NELGER beats it they probably cheated? Is there a way to merge all of the levels into one project? Who are you making the game for?

It also depends on what the goal of the Hall of Fame is. For Clarence. The earliest Hall of Fame I can find is for Level 75. At that time the game only had 75 levels, so that was a list of people that beat the game. It was really a "These are the people that beat the game in it's current release", which is why, even when you hit 75 levels now, you didn't necessarily get entered into the Level 75 Hall of Fame. It can be hard to impossible to manage a Hall of Fame when you're regularly adding levels (1-2 every day or two).

Unless you want to just keep track of who beat what levels, kind of like you are currently on the index, in which case, it could be hard to keep track of, depending on how many people play it, and it would also make a "Hall of Fame" less meaningful for levels 1-10 if you made 50 levels.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

I will not be merging all levels into one project. That would make the editor all laggy and I can't make any other levels.

I will do around 25 per project with an entry password required to get into the next part.

I will do somewhere between 100-400 levels (really unknown at this point)

I am planning to do it like Clarence does, you have to beat the current release, but I may cancel a hof if a lotof people fin out the way to cheat or if I release levels too fast
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Post by HighStrike300 »

this is a little cool
TEDNE 101/400