Good rant

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

Good rant

Post by Wesley »

So I was calling the various utilities to whom I owe money, and I got the electric company on the line. Guess what? They were quite pleasant and easy to deal with! The other companies were more along the lines of,"...uh huh... uh huh... uh huh... okay, thank you MrZot, now GIVE US OUR MONEY!!!" The electric company allowed me to explain my situation, and then adjusted my bill accordingly. After the adventure with my bank (which shall be concluded this afternoon) I was expecting the worst. Man, I am in a much better mood, a much more pleasant frame of mind, since I dealt with a human instead of a machine, and that human actually worked with me to solve my problems. Wheeeeww. Sigh of relief.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Re: Good rant

Post by Shay »

Yeah, it's hit and miss when I call my billing companies. It always depends on the person. Sometimes they're super nice and pleasant, and sometimes just down right rude. I don't mean to sound sexest or anything, but it always seems like the dudes are a lot nicer to me than the chicks. But yeah, that's awesome that you got to end it with someone pleasant. Always a relief. :)
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Few days ago i made a phone call to this internet company whom i use their e-mail service .
I found out that i'm paying for my e-mail account 6$ a month for more then three years now , i knew it a year ago but i didn't bother , coz its pretty hard to take those of your back and i didnt know exactly what was i paying for , lot'sa phone calls and ''hold'' are involved so i didn't try.
well i made the phone call two days ago, this woman answered , i told her i don't use their net service for years but still paying ,and i would like to close this issue .
she said " miss , you didn't asked us to cut our service off and you're actually use it - please hold on"

after 30 sec' she came back and said " you will get all your money (three years of paying) back to your c.c account "

I was shocked .
wordless.
thankful.

Good things happens
There are lot'sa ppl with big smile , and willing to help out there .
I know how you felt zot. that's great !
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Congrats Zot and Effie. Well done. That's a nice amount you'll be getting back.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Ok I`ll add a bad rant to this - after a brief good one. 3 of the 4 banks we owe money too have accepted a much lower payment as offered in our debt management agreement and frozen the accounts which stops any interest being charged, so for now we're now only paying back the money borrowed and not the interest. The other one is only a small amount but they're still trying for a higher payment which is no big deal for now. These things are only temporary and will have to be reviewed again in a few months (and they can accept again or refuse) but for the short term at least things are fairly stable :D

Anyways bad one (thanks for reminding me effie :D ) - In Sep 2004 I set up an account with AOL for my internet access, and gave them my credit card details so that they charge the monthly payment for the net access. In Jan 2006 I cancelled my account with them, and asked for a settlement bill - which I paid. But for the next 2 years they were charging £2.49 per month on my credit card for the email account -which I had closed in Jan 2006. I spent months at a time being passed around from department to department and being told to write letters, fill in online forms, send emails and eventually I would get an answer from someone telling me that they were sorry and the charges would be stopped. But a few months later I would see them on my card again.

In Mid 2008 they stopped altogether and I heard nothing more about it, until October 2009 when they made 14 charges of £2.49 on my credit card all on the same day (for the 14 months it had been since they last charged) I called my credit card company and they refunded me the money and said that they would not authorise any further charges from AOL. I also wrote a complaint to the senior director of something or other at AOL (the top level that complaints should be escalated to) and got a stupid response telling me that I could check my bill online if I was unsure what my charges related to. Yeah - check my bill online even though I have no account with them whatsoever.. :roll:

Anyways, I got the final statement from my credit card company last week - this is one of the accounts being frozen and the card has now been deactivated - and on the last month (Jan/Feb 2010) the only thing on there was another 4 charges from AOl, again all charged on the same day in Feb - so that would be Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. I really think that AOL are either the second most incompetent company in the world (after the tax office) or just really don't give a shazam! about committing credit card fraud by using details that were given to them for one specific purpose to charge for something else - something that doesn't even exist anymore. Either ways im glad the card has been cancelled now, and im just waiting for AOL to start chasing me for their £2.49 per month when they find out the card is dead :lol:
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Dammit Dowster!!!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

More Good Ranting:

The rehabilitation center where my mother is staying is staffed by idiots. The on-staff doctor claimed that my mother will not get any better. Today the Neurosurgeon that worked on her said he was recommending that my mother be placed in an accelerated rehab program to get her out of there within just a couple of months! Yeah! He is that certain of her recovery! Take that, you overpaid snotty beeyotch of a doctor! :D

P.S. I would seriously like to punch the staff doctor in the face. Hard.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

That is really great zot, so there is no need to punch anyone , and yeah , i know you didn't really mean to :D

Its great news .