Concerts

Want to share your favourite song? Talk about an awesome band? Do it here!
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Re: Concerts

Post by Nailbunny »

this is one of the pics I got of David Draiman of Disturbed. I was right on the rail at the front.
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:this is one of the pics I got of David Draiman of Disturbed. I was right on the rail at the front.
I see nothing :(

Linkin park are going to be here in about two weeks and i'm half paralize .
If i won't be well till then im gonna take a steroid shot (givving by my doc) to my spain . SCARY .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

thats really weird you cant see the pic effie, if you go on my facebook though, i have a bunch of pics up from the concert
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Well then i saw LinkinPark IN TEL AVIV yesterday - they rock the hell out of us israelis . god is great .
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I just saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra last weekend. It was friggin' awesome. Will post pics eventually.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

*jealous*
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I just went to see Great Big Sea on saturday. They are an amazing band from Newfoundland. They put on an amazing live performance and the were telling jokes between songs.

Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I'm going to see Lady Gaga in March. :)
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Donden
Artiste

Post by Donden »

My first concert was Korn with support from Deathstars and Flyleaf, Feb 2008. They played in Stockholm, at one of the bigger arenas in Stockholm, but not as big as Ericsson Globe in Stockholm. I don't remember much of the concert, since it was a few years ago

Nov 2008 I went on my secound concert, saw Dark Tranquility, with support from Engel and Dead By April. A smaller scene, but enough for a few hundreds of people.

Feb 2009. Sonic Syndicate with support from Union Square.

March 2009. Metallica, with support from The Sword and Machine Head, in Ericsson Globe. Amazing conert, a lot of fire and energy ^^

May 2009. Snow Patrol, I don't remember the supporting bands, because they sucked, I only came there for Snow Patrol.

Oct 2009. Raised First. That concert had a lot of energy, crazy moshpit ^^

I don't remember when, but I was on a concert and saw Raubtier, Corroded, Plan Three, Renegade Five.

Feb 2010. Rammstein in Ericsson Globe. Really awesome, it was more of a show than concert, really crazy germans :D

Summer 2010: Mustach, Pain, Deathstars

Sep 2010. Sonic Syndicate again, and they disappointed me. They have become such a mainstream band, I like their old songs more, but I'll be able to hear that kind of music soon again, two of the band members left, to start a new band with the original music style that Sonic Syndicate had from the beginning.

Oct 2010. Volbeat. It's the singer of this band that makes it so unique ^^

Nov 2010. Taste of Chaos, a tour of some bands, sponsored by Rockstar. The bands where: Disturbed, Papa Roach, Haelstorm, Buckcherry, Heaven Shall Burn, As I Lay Dying, Adept, and I forgot the name of the last one. ^^ Really awesome concert, Disturbed could have done better, but they had a scene shared with a lot of other bands, so they couldn't do everything that they may have wanted to do.

And there a lot of other smaller bands I've seen live too, but I don't care about writing all that names.

And the best of it all, I'm going to love this summer :D
First of all, I'm going to Metaltown, which is a 2-day festival in Sweden. And some of the bands that will be playing there are: System of a Down (Didn't belive it first when I saw that band name), Korn, Volbeat, Soilwork, Avenged Sevenfold, Anvil, At the Gates, Cradle of Filth, Bring me the Horizon, and a lot more bands ^^

And I might also go on Sonisphere, which will have bands like: In Flames, Slipknot, Mustach

And I might be working on Peace and Love this summer, which will have bands like: Kings of Leon, Volbeat, 30 Seconds to Mars, Mustach, and a lot of other bands, it's a 5-day festival. But it's not that big chance that I'll get job there
*Some kind of signature*
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

My. You've been busy.
I envy you (in a good way) that you are able to go to all these concerts.
Donden
Artiste

Post by Donden »

I'm only able to go on so many concerts since I'm lucky to live only 40 min away from Stockholm, where most concerts in Sweden are held. And a lot of good bands come from Sweden, like In Flames, Raised Fist, Sabaton, Soilwork and so on ^^
And I take every chance I can when a good band plays in Stockholm and if I have the money for it. ^^
Music is best if its live ^^
*Some kind of signature*
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Dude, I'm jealous that you got to see Rammstein! Last Friday I saw Motörhead again. They were awesome again. I know they play near you sometimes, Don, so if you get the chance you should totally see them! :D
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Donden
Artiste

Post by Donden »

I can't find anything about Motörhead playing in Sweden on their website :(
*Some kind of signature*
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

"Music as a Weapon V" Featuring Korn and Disturbed are coming to Saint John~
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I will be going to see System Of A Down on May 10th here in Edmonton, and then three days later I will be going to see Rammstein. :D Hopefully as well I will be able to get tickets to see NOFX in june when they come here.

Donden
Artiste

Post by Donden »

Pot of Clarence wrote:"Music as a Weapon V" Featuring Korn and Disturbed are coming to Saint John~
Nice :D
freakin cornucopia of sexy awesomeness O'Whiskeybreath wrote:I will be going to see System Of A Down on May 10th here in Edmonton, and then three days later I will be going to see Rammstein. :D Hopefully as well I will be able to get tickets to see NOFX in june when they come here.
It is System of a Down's first tour since a few years ago, and it seems like it is going to be their last tour too, which makes it extremely important to see and hear them play live :D
I want NOFX to come to Sweden :D
*Some kind of signature*
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It is not music exactly, but I'm going to see Henry Rollins do a spoken word show next Thursday.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

long post coming up..

So I went to Reading Festival which is a big big big music festival in England, like 10 minutes on the train from where i live. I went on Saturday. It goes on for three days, and i think about 90 000 people went. It's known for the mud, and the awesome music ofc, and I managed to see 8 and a bit bands, which, in one day, is quite a lot.

Funeral Party- a little band from California. They were really good actually!!!! It was about midday and poring with rain so the atmosphere wasn't exactly fantastic but they put on a good show.

Pigeon Detectives- meh... alright, thought they'd be so much better though. To be honest, i didn't pay much attention though, me and a guy i met were too busy working out the chords to all the songs >_>

Seasick Steve- i actually love him... he's so funny, just sitting there with all his homemade instruments, he was WAY better than i thought he was going to be <3 Because he's old and a bit weird, tbh, I thought it was going to be too folk-y for my liking, but it was really good. He took this girl up on stage and sung to her and me and the person standing next to me found it really cute, though a little strange, seeing as he looked a bit like a mad grandfather.

Two Door Cinema Club- This was fun- it was also where the AMAZING MOSH PITS began. we steered clear of them in this concert though. I reckon this gig was quite busy, maybe there was like 20 000 or so in the audience. Lots of dancing and stuff, they played really well (if you're into your british music you'll know they're very big at the moment, and also really good live).

Madness- To be honest I couldn't really see much of this because i'm only 5 foot 4 and a bit, and er, everyone is very tall. Sounded good though. They began with One Step Beyond (as they generally do) and i think they finished on 'It Must Be Love'. They played really well, but I think it would've been better if i could've actually seen the stage, or at least the two massive screens on either side of the stage .-.

After madness we had a bit of a break and went to eat tortillas and beer at a friend-of-a-friend's tent for about an hour. I managed to catch the end of one of my favourite bands- Everything Everything (i hadn't managed to see it all because i was quite literally stuck in Madness's set- there were way too many people to even try to get out half way through, and then run like mad to the NME stage (there's like six different stages). I will get my Dad to come with me to see them when they go on tour though... hopefully)

Then at about 7pm we went to see Bombay Bicycle Club. They were pretty good, though me and my friends spent a lot of the concert determining which member of the band was the fittest. this discussion went on for quite a long time actually, but they played pretty well. We left a bit early so we could get a good space for Pulp and The Strokes.

Pulp were on at about 8.30pm, though they had a really long intro/light show thing that went on for about a million years. I met a boy called Sean, who was standing in front of me, and he asked if I could see (to which i said no.. because i literally could barely see a thing.. being short is so annoying, i really hope i grow some more) and then said would i like to go on his shoulders?!. So i was like NO I'D ACTUALLY BE TERRIFIED but he persuaded me, and it was ACTUALLY EPIC. Really. Seeing Jarvis Cocker go mad and stuff, with like the best view ever. Me and this guy Sean got on really well (deviating a bit from the concert here) and we've kept in touch, even though i'm generally wary of people on drugs (he was on ecstasy).

Um anyway The Strokes were incredible,... the atmosphere when they played 'Last Nite' was insane. Everyone got caught up in the mosh pit like mad. Jarvis joined them onstage and they did a song too. It was basically all immense. brilliant.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

red hot chilli peppers are coming to israel
umm
in a year from now..
Damm
That was a dream
Its a shame that Frusciante is not a part of the band anymore :cry:
but well.. I know it seems like a 'OH WELL.." for you americans.. but it is a big deal!!
not many of these great artist are coming here and most of'em comes when they are too old.
I got a ticket as soon as they started selling them . faking 100$ for one but it is worth it
mm.. the show will be in a year from now on the 10th of sep. 2012
most of the chances are that something will happen with the israeli\palastinian shait and the peppers will cancel the show. AHHH

I will expect the worst and hope for the best
fak
i dontt believe i might get to see them on stage :goof: :goof:
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

That's awesome! I hope nothing happens that keeps you from seeing them. :)