Concerts

Want to share your favourite song? Talk about an awesome band? Do it here!
Eff
Demimod

Re: Concerts

Post by Eff »

Its not a concert.. more like a small unplugged show..
Few weeks ago i went with huby to see an israely singer . we don't usually listen to an israeli music coz it sucks. but this singer-she's great.
so we had a good time and today we're going to see her again but we're taking the kids with us. its at 23:00 pm so i hope they won't fall a sleep ..
here is one of her songs -plz give her a minute - i posted this song coz she mix english with hebrew - she's awesome- Alma Zohar
(zohar its also my daughter's name :D )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2FhxTYKt4
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I didn't give her a minute. I gave her four minutes. And now I'm looking up more of her music. I really liked it.
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

I haven't been to a concert. Period. :cry:
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I saw a shitload of bands at Reading festival over the weekend. Headliners were Green Day, Eminem, Biffy Clyro.

First i want to mention two bands- Deftones, who were followed by System of a down!

We were in two minds about seeing either Deftones and Bastille, so in the end me and the boyf went off to Deftones so we'd be guaranteed a good spot for System, who we both like a lot. I didn't know a single Deftones song, my boyfriend only knew a couple but nonetheless they put on such a good show that it didn't really matter. Their singer is so awesome, he just went mental!
Everyone was very hyped for System, and I will never forget this because the audience was so crazy. 90,000 people go to this festival every year, and the majority were at system that day. It was a constant moshpit, we had our arms round each other for the whole time just so we didn't lose each other or fall over in the crowd. I came out with bruises all over me (still have them) and covered in dust (i was wearing a white t shirt, it was brown by the end of it) and with my ears ringing. So much fun, though i was physically exhausted by the end of it (and I had a night shift at the festival the next day- i was working there so got in for free).

Okay who else did I see... well my personal highlight were Biffy Clyro who headlined Sunday. They were incredible. They put on such a good show and as a big fan I sang along to everything, they were brilliant. I doubt they're big in America, but they certainly are here, they're just a very very awesome scottish rock band.

Chase and Status, who we managed to catch in a shift break were epic, though they kept having to pull the power out and tell the crowd to step back because people were coming out with blood on their faces and loads of people were breaking their noses and dislocating things etc. If you don't know them, they're one of the UK's biggest dance acts. We weren't in the middle of the crowd because we had to rush back to our shift so we danced around the whole time.

We saw a bit of Green Day but got bored (sorry, green day fans) so we went to Sub Focus and then Skrillex who both rocked. Green Day were good, but I don't know a lot of their songs and at this point i was really tired from System so just wanted to go to bed, haha...

Oh I nearly forgot! We saw Fall Out Boy and the Lumineers too. Fall out boy were great, though they did a lot of bullshitting about 'we wrote this song with this festival in mind' 'you're the greatest festival in the world' etc etc and you can imagine, they probably say that everywhere. The Lumineers I liked more than i expected to. I would actually really recommend them live if you like that kind of thing.

I also saw Frank Turner (british singer songwriter guy with a HUGE following), Arcane Roots (tiny metal/rock band who i've seen before and are exceptional live but average on recording), Dry The River (one of my favourite bands who i've also seen before), Disclosure, Clean Bandit, Kodaline, Deaf Havana, Alex Clare, Villagers... I think that was it. We also saw a couple of comedians, an American called Rob Delaney and this very funny guy called Josh Widdlecombe who's often on TV over here on panel shows.

I heard really great things about Knife Party (which is basically two guys from Pendulum) and Nine Inch Nails and Bring Me the Horizon and Modestep too.

All in all a pretty unforgettable weekend and I'm planning on volunteering again next year. I can't believe i got to see all these amazing bands for free! And obviously the whole place buzzes, the atmosphere is electric. The festival is also literally a ten minute train ride away from where i live, it's brilliant.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Why and how have I neglected this thread?

I saw UFO a month or two ago, pretty nice show!

You know I have mentioned seeing Uli Roth.

Well, there is another German Uber Guitarist.... Michael Schenker!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is coming to a rather small club near me, and BoGZ and I... and our brother, and some friends, and anyone else who can make it, are totally going to see him!

BoGZ is getting tickets at 10:02 tomorrow morning.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I saw Blue October for a second time this past October in Omaha. To this day they are still my all-time favorite group. I am so glad that Justin is finally turning his life around and it really shows in his music. Amazing guy and amazing music I just completely lose myself in.