NELG Journey Recap

This section is for any improvement ideas for my game. Also it's for anything that you might want to discuss about my game that doesn't fit into any other category.
NTG
Green Man

NELG Journey Recap

Post by NTG »

Long post !!!! Uh oh also maybe spelling errors!!!

Here’s a recap of my entire NELG journey from start to end. What did I think of levels? What did I do after? Let’s find out.

1-100
These just felt like one of those “get to the next screen” flash games. Which is why a lot of people quit before level 100, “WHY SHOULD I PLAY THIS GAME WHEN I HAVE MARIO AND CRAP!!”

101-150
This is where the game really starts, and the “Clarence charm” starts being put into levels, as well as more difficulty. The levels got more weird, trippy backgrounds, solutions that get farther and gather from the actual game screen, if you make it here, you’re not quitting NELG for a long time.

151-200
Great area. I can tell each update Clarence put more and more effort and creativity in each level (minus fillers) and he decided to keep the “weird” theme, which is one of the best NELG decisions, and it’s one of the most key parts of the 300 level NELG we have today.

201-225
Felt like he made half this part on drugs. So many damn colors. But that’s really a good thing. Also made me feel hopeless about reaching 300. Top 3 game area for sure.

226-250
Still with the damn colors!!!! 230 and 241! Overall more creative solutions. Loved the connected levels, plus it somehow got even weirder. How?

251-279
The Final 50, is what Clarence calls this area. A bit dissapointing on the design, especially after 226-250. Less colors, more filler. More difficulty. A bit worse then before, if it didn’t have my favorite levels in the whole game in it!!! (270)

280-300
Honestoy I didn’t really have a good time with this one. I enjoyed the crap out of 300 but, I already saw these levels from LOTWs, and level 295 exists, and 281-284 is extremely hard while 285-289 is really easy. I think you should have done two updates, 275 and 300, continued the weird theme, and make 295 easier!!!! >:(

Afterthoughts

After trying my hand in three NELG remake game dev thingies, I have concluded I like playing NELG more than making NELG. But I still want to make NELG, because there is no NELG left. Out of all the fangames, none of them create the Clarence charm. They all have their own charm. If everyone who’s ever made a level game level ever collaborated to make one NELG game, would it be the best or the worst?
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Re: NELG Journey Recap

Post by HighStrike300 »

HighStrike's Reply
In a certain area of TEDNE (probably 61-70), I will try to restore the style of NELG as much as possible. Because I, like you, like playing NELG instead of making NELG. However, for some special reason, I made this decision. I know that NELG has unique charms. After reading your article, I also appreciate these charms. LK made by Dizzt and other fan-made games have their own styles. But in fact, I think NELG is better. Because NELG is a game ten years ago, and I like this nostalgic retro style. I hope I can successfully restore the style of NELG. In TEDNE, Level 100 is equivalent to NELG 300, and there is your favorite NELG level (270) in level 70. I like NELG quite because it brings me happiness.
TEDNE 101/400