Level 284

Are you stuck on a level? This is the section of the forum you come to. Don't come here looking for the passwords, this is just to provide hints. We will try to help you as much as we can, you do not need to register to post in this section.
LeBossle
human calculator

Level 284

Post by LeBossle »

Only found the purple box, tried some password as the most common one with the letters changed, but nothing helps. Help?
They're baaaack! -Poltergeist II
bella wrote:You. Run.
Sorry for my broken English... I´m Brazilian. But I can understand English well.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Re: Level 284

Post by Clovvach »

*facepalm* You make me feel very slow LeBossle. :P
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

What you found is kinda important, but that you could guess.
Think further and further with it, but not too far :P
LeBossle
human calculator

Post by LeBossle »

Is there anything more to be found? Or just guessing work from now?
Sorry for my broken English... I´m Brazilian. But I can understand English well.
Nilex
Starting to fit in

Post by Nilex »

I think this is a guess. But i'm not sure.
I connected three of the elements together although i don't think it's even intended to be connected... Examine every single element of the level, tie it to the what you found and to what you tried. It is simple yet incredibly hard (or plain stupid, depends). Hope it helps :)
guessing work started a loong time ago mate
Next few levels are one of better ones, look forward to that, let it push you.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Stuck here, and need help. Thanks! :P

Found the purple message,and pretty much anything on the entire maze... I bet I'm going to need to guess a password now, but based off of what?
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

C'mon. Just one hint... please? :P
LeBossle
human calculator

Post by LeBossle »

I´m not sure if I was supposed to think this way, but look at the changes.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

TMI edited by Forky, Thx Shay.

Any time, Forky. Just glad it was here when I got to this point. ;)
Nilex
Starting to fit in

Post by Nilex »

Just pretend you don't know alphabet :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Holy crap. I think I just stumbled upon a gold mine with those last two hints! :shock: Perhaps I should TMI that.
isooo
Hi, I'm new

Post by isooo »

also found the purple box with the hint.

my first thought was to be edited by bells but it doesn't work. tried the same with the title of the level.

is the purple box the only thing to be found in this level?
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Go on with what you have.
Barti

Post by Barti »

Hello everyone! First I'd like to thank you, Clarence, for making this HORRIBLE game, that have wasted many YEARS of my life and all NELG staff for providing hints. :) Anyway I'm stuck here and here's what I've tried:

I've found a clue to this level, I've tried to connect it with common pw and it didn't work out - changing only one letter, every letter etc. Also tried to use it differently - spelling, using roman numbers - same result. Painting and going forward/back doesn't help. Then I've read previous posts and they seem helpful, but now I'm more confused than before. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change only one letter or only first letters from the alphabet and leave the rest. Also noticed, that THIS letter has the same order as on my keyboard, but I'm not sure if it's the right track.

Also I've noticed, that this lvl is "different" than previous ones, so I've tried to guess a pw like bend, skew etc. (of course with using that clue). Thing is I'm not sure if I have to use some strange synonym. English is not my native and even if I'm not that bad, still I'm not pro (but I've managed to figure out lvl 282 :) ). I'm not even sure if this is a clue or just another distraction. The same happens with cursors and that red ellipse.

So my question is: Do I have to find a synonym to the words, that I've wrote before or it is a wrong track and which kind of "encryption" I have to use (of course you won't tell me, but a little hint would be appreciated)?

Thanks (and sorry for any bugs, typos and/or TMI, that may or may not appear)
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

You found the hint and have tried the usual thing. Combine that hint with the usual, it doesn't only apply for that one letter, it needs to be 'translated'.
Once you have done that you need to make another step with what you have found out, it's not the final solution yet. You don't need to find any synonyms or randomly guess passwords here. I hope this wasn't too cryptic, if so, let me know.
Barti

Post by Barti »

Thank you for your response. I hope I understood everything what you've told to me, but just to be sure, let me summarize it: No need for guessing, so pw is known to me - now I need to find a proper way to translate it (but I'm not sure, how I could translate last letter), then I should use something, that is in front of me, right? (but I don't know, what can I do with it)
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

You have the hint, this gives you instructions of what to do, it's the same method with all of the letters. Once you have done that look at what you have found out and do something very basic, it's not difficult to find out. You'll get it, I am sure.