food additives

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

food additives

Post by Wesley »

This could also be in the food section, I guess, but it is more of a rant, so it is going here.

Okay, I am having a bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch. Now, back in the day you had only a narrow window between pouring on the milk and soggy. No big deal since the stuff is really tasty, not much chance of it going soggy. A few years ago they started adding something to the mix, or the manufacturing process, or both. This causes the cereal to defy moisture for a few minutes. It is to keep the stuff crunchy longer, I understand that, but it gives it an unnatural crispyness that makes it impossible to eat without cutting the roof of your mouth. Oh, unless you wait a few minutes for the old race to start again, waiting until just moments before it turns soggy to start munching. So it really defeats the purpose of changing it in the first place.

This is why I often prefer the knock-off brand of many cereals and other foodstuffs; they are cheaper, so they cannot afford to do silly extra stuff to it just to make it cut the roof of your mouth.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Re: food additives

Post by Dowster »

The one that gets to me is the xx% lessa salt and same great taste on every bit of packaging around. Ok I`ll take their word for it on the salt, but same taste... get smurf, and gimme my damn salt back so I don't end up pouring in twice as much myself