remembering nelgf

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

nich
I live here

remembering nelgf

Post by nich »

if some one could actually give up a few days to do this. record all of the old topics scrolling down in order of witch they were posted. this could be placed in the timeline
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Wesley
GOD

Re: remembering nelgf

Post by Wesley »

Hey Reaper! Nice to see you made it over! As to your suggestion... you realize that there were over 100,000 posts, and thousands of topics in the old forum... I think it would be too great a task to try to even copy all the topics over to here. If you are willing to do so, I wish you luck.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

If i was you Reaper i would have been HAPPY to leave it all behind.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

I could be wrong in this, but I do not think he is wanting the entire threads moved over Just the names and dates they were created so it can be added to the time line. However, that is alot of work for something that really has little importance.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

And what exactly should we do with it? Collecting data is useful sometimes, but in this case we try to move the most important ones. Having just the topic title and a date would be kind of hollow.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Do not copy every post and bring it over here.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

No, go ahead, copy every post, I would like to see someone try this...

There's only 100000 posts...
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

The Never Ending Forum Copying...
Good luck ^^

If you can't move it like -> massive move, like you would copy paste on your harddrive with awesome speed... ohh well. Best would have beeen to connect both forum servers via ftp or something p2p-connetion and copy over... but i guess they made their minds about it already.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

i am not gonna copy n paste. i wanted to record all topics while scrolling down them to make a video. then maybe host it on youtube and embed it here. and if i had a screen recording software believe me i would do all the work my self
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

reaper wrote:i am not gonna copy n paste. i wanted to record all topics while scrolling down them to make a video. then maybe host it on youtube and embed it here. and if i had a screen recording software believe me i would do all the work my self
Reaper, that's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard in my life, I don't even want to get into how many things are wrong with that.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Wait.... I am visualizing this......... you could show a timeline in the editorial part of YouTube while doing a fast forward of the topics posted, as you post them. Not the individual posts, just the topics. It would be like A Year Of NELG In Five Minutes. It could be cool, like looking for your name in the closing credits of a movie. Lots of hard work, but I can imagine the finished product.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

:haha: That's funny. It made me laugh so much.
Image This is not America. No, this is not. Sha la la la la
(Bowie)