FB

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Eff
Demimod

FB

Post by Eff »

Face book .
I hate it .
It is a great idea , but i think the youht (in Isr. anyway) takes it to wrong places .
most'a ppl i know just live there . tell all about their shait . too much FB .
Now b4 anyone would say that nelf is just about the same - I say NO . these place , and maybe other forums are ..umm i don't have the word , i'll say that here there are not too many ppl , and we share our shait between us , i bet ppl who dont know me - dont care about what happened with me today (the thread) but on FB ppl have their families - ppl they're working with - ppl from school , freinds of freinds and stuff.
here we dont share pic's in sweeming suits , on fb ppl share too much - i'm talking mostly about youth , but then again too many adults going down there, and maybe their kids - watchiing them - and doing the same .
ppl add freind they don't know (LIKE ALL OF YOU :lol: you ppl have 100's of freinds) wtfF ?

FB is not safe as ppl think .
and what the heck with the drinks and farms (Hi bells) :D

STOPPP IT !!

Anyway i think some ppl took it too far , nelg is small comunity and we can edit things we said (i did many times Lol) FB is open to all , ppl would just type your name and see your shait , here we also hides behind our user names :? Effie ( i did asked summer to change it to Eff btw , she never took that message ) umm im going off topic.
FB what do u think?

edit
This is a clock - not an amp of cours . it has nothing to do with the thread , i just wanted to share it , its nice - 300$ Hiend clock
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: FB

Post by chex »

Meh. I keep everything hidden unless you're on my friends list. My friends list consists of family, old friends from high school, NELG friends, friends from my parenting board and friends from previous duty stations.

I share more here than I do on FB. Much much more. :notme:

BTW, if you still want to change your name to Eff, just let me know. ;)
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I don't reveal too much stuff on my facebook account. If I post pics then usually from places where I've been to, without people on it. And the games there are only for passing time, and if the posts about it get too much, you can hide that too.
My profile isn't public an only friends have access to any information there. Facebook has security issues and that's another reason why I only post info on there I am also willing to share with strangers.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I think the point Effie's making is that people don't realize the impact a pic or a bit of text on facebook can have.
I don't put any personal information on facebook. I use it to show of my talents as an artist and to play around in a virual garden.
A lot of major companies use it to find out what their job applicants are really like. If there is a compromising picture on facebook, or any other global community or if you regularly state how drunk or how stoned you are, you can forget about the job, they will find it.
Most forget, or don't think about the fact that whatever you put on the web, will be there for eternity. And you don't even have to do that yourself. Is there a picture being made of you by someone else at a party? The next day the world knows about it.

Maybe the main reason for most (young) people to spend so much time on the web/ FB is because modern times are so full of stimulants that they feel the computer is the only way to have some sort of peace and control over what stimulants they get.
Go outside at night, it's never really dark. Go to the mall. It's never silent. Even out in the streets it's never really quiet. If I go to the woods in the background there's always the hum of cars and trains.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

That clock is awesome!!!

I never put pictures on FB anymore. It's always my friends who do. Or my sister *remembers elf*.

I have about 200 friends on mine but lots of them are people from school.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I have an acount,i log in only if there is a friend request,and i know that person,or if something is written on my wall( which doesnt happen that much).I have no idea what is with those farmville requests,i never had the time to enter and see.So,not much of an opinion from me,cause i dont really know what's going on in there.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I just saw a news report.

Look at http://www.quitfacebook.com
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

That is a cool clock!

I personally know everyone on my facebook except for the NELG people. But as we all know, there is something special about NELG. As far as pics and perceptions, I try to be an honest person, in here, in real life, and on facebook. I am not embarrassed or ashamed of anything I have done or put online. A wise person once said,"In order to seem like a good person, be a good person." Or something like that. I really try to be like that, so I have no fear of any repercussions that may come from a future employer looking at my online shenanigans. I am also a hypocrite.

And here is another cool clock!

http://www.yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html

Oh, a parting quote.... "Don't dream it; Be it!"
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Alialialia wrote:I just saw a news report.

Look at http://www.quitfacebook.com
That site is lame. I've clicked the "stalk" button about 1000 times and it won't let me do anything. :evil:
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

It took me ages to figur out that clock zot :lol:

Sorry , I think you misunderstud me .
You ppl are not the problem , the youth is the problem (as i said - in Isr. anyway)
Me and most'a you in a possision where only freinds can see your stuff.
Younger kids find it cool to let others (freinds of freinds or whoever) to watch their stuff maybe to get new freinds , that is wrong . Also they share too much , i see my stupid grown up freinds sharing so many pic's or "what's on their mind"things that i wouldnt share with non .
One of'em said one day "I am so sad" so i replyed "where's the like button?" I nevewr heard from her again..

Let me put it this way : (wait - b4 i do - Bells - i love'ya and the other thing doesn't bother me - i reraly go to FB - only when i need to stalk someone - so i put his\her name and do my thing.
and now -

this what my point was - those are what my few israelis freinds are like (the link a head)- but i swear to god they are a lot better on person
You're gonna laugh yur S out but i dont find it funny . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRsRLZiy ... r_embedded
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Effie wrote:Younger kids find it cool to let others (freinds of freinds or whoever) to watch their stuff maybe to get new freinds , that is wrong . Also they share too much
Just as long as it is nothing to personal I think that it is fine to share info.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Effie wrote: One of'em said one day "I am so sad" so i replyed "where's the like button?" I nevewr heard from her again..
:lol: I 'liked' a friend's status when she was jabberwocky about her hips hurting from being pregnant.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Apparently they've made a new safety system. Just after I updated mine.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I don't have a facking FB account

Some of the games look pretty cool, and I have been meaning to make an account and try them out - along with all the other FBing shazam! that people do, but over a year has passed since I first thought of it, and I still didn't get time yet

So maybe, I think that some people (mainly the youth as you said) waste too much friggin time on there posting pointless crap and they should all get off their asses and do some work :D
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Dowster wrote:I don't have a facking FB account
liar :D
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

At the time of writing I didn't :lol:

It's actually quite handy because it takes very little time, I can log on once per day, spend about 10 minutes using gained "energy" points etc in a few games, look at notifications, add freinds, then piss off and leave it until the next day. Without actually getting stuck or drawn into a conversation with anyone :D (not that I don't like that, it's just that I can't take the risk of logging on many sites due to my lack of time, and desire not to be rude to people by refusing to chat)