Internet

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Shay
recuerdame

Internet

Post by Shay »

Man, what a total CROCK! Ok, so I was stealing internet from someone and I think they finally figured out how to block me without having a secure network. Normally it goes down for a day where I have limited or no connectivity, but this time it's been down for four days and still nothing. So I thought, fine fine, I'll go to the clubhouse to see what their internet packages are. Talk about a total RIP OFF!!

So apparently they have their own internet and we HAVE to go through them. I would rather go through Time Warner because then I know it's reliable and I can get some deals because I know people. They want $39.99 a month for 3 MB which is doable. But then they want a $10 activation fee, $15 connect fee, $5 a month modem rental, $50 modem deposit fee, and $25 modem install fee. So all in all it's going to cost me $145 to get it all hooked up for the first time. First of all, I don't have that kind of money. Second of all, that's total BS. There's gotta be a law that states they can't make me choose only their internet and I'm gonna find it dammit.

I know when I was in Ohio all the apartment complexes there were forced to offer more than one internet service because they were not allowed to regulate. It was a law that was passed just shortly after I moved there. I don't know if it was just for that state or for the whole US, but I'm gonna find out cuz I am NOT paying $145 just to get shitty internet.
bella
the two timer

Re: Internet

Post by bella »

That's just nuts. The prices are insane. I have a flat rate which is about a little less per month and it covers phone and internet. And I had to pay a small fee, only once, for the router.
Bad thing is, you can't even choose. Crooks. :(
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

we pay about $200 a month (i think its around there) and it covers internet, phone, sattelite...
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Holy crap, we pay £16.00 a month for 32MB Broadband (it does have a 30GB per month download limit though) and our phone line rental. We also had to make a one off payment of £14 for a digi box so we could get 65 Freeview channels - one month subscription to the TV package the provide, but after we cancelled we got the keep the box and the free channels
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

$200 is kinda alot, you got 1000 pay-tv channels on satelite ?

We share internet and phone here and each one pays like 10€ -> total 40€for internet 16MBit and phone flatrate (/without mobile calls).
40€ -> 55,60$ -> 34£

I hope you get a better provider.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah, when I was living in Ohio, we had just internet because that was all we needed. Cell phones provided our phone and we never watched TV. If there was something we wanted to watch like Family Guy, House, or Jeff Dunham, we just downloaded it all for free. We had 7 MB for like $30 a month. Nice and cheap, the way it should be. And we did not have a limit on our down or up stream.