Gay Marriage

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Gay Marriage

Post by chex »

Dowster wrote:and didn't even know 2 years ago that getting married would screw us even further.
Yeah, normally the screwing stops after marriage...
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Maybe, but how many of us are normal?
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I do not oppose Gay Marriage.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Hi, I decided to post my opinion BEFORE I read the topic so that my honest opinion isn't flawed...

HERE'S WHAT I THINK:
There is nothing wrong with it... People bring Religion in to it, like "God made it Man+Woman" or whatever it is supposed to be... Religion doesn't own the word 'Marriage', My parents got married in a courthouse, which under my understanding is a place of 'Law', not religion(It may be different in Denmark)

Under my understanding,
the word 'Marriage' means this:
The coming together of two people who
are best friends, and love each other very
much, can be, but does not have to, be
done in a Church or even by a Pastor(Varies between Religions).

------------------------
Now that I typed this, I will read the topic.

Hi, I, Like
chex can get pretty passionate about this topic.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Yeah, one of the kids I know is like REALLY Catholic, and she gives me that "God made men and women compatible" shazam!. I was like, "Isn't God supposed to love everyone?" She didn't have a response. ;)

One small victory happened yesterday.

California Judge Overturns Gay Marriage Ban
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Just because soemthing is designed to be compatible it doesn't mean that it's the only thing that works.

Well unless god owns Microsoft and Bill Gates is just his earthly avatar..
PL pride

Post by PL pride »

The world is sick nowadays!
chex

Post by chex »

You're right. The fact that there are so many places still not allowing gay marriage is sick. Bigotry disgusts me.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

It's awful and disgusting. Bleh.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

I'm not opposed to gay or lesbien people getting married, but a small part of me that I'm sort of ashamed of hopes that people who get all angry and red faced, and start blabbing about hellfire and brimstone don't go away. Those people are funny as hell, but also kind of frightening. Not people I'd want around me, but from a safe distance are very entertaining.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Pete, you nailed it.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I would only be comfortable having those people around if absolutely NO ONE listened to them, and there was no way they could infringe on my personal rights. But unfortunately there are a bunch of those people in the U.S. government, including all the Republicans running for president this year.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Yah I saw this one video that described in detail all the torture that you would go through in hell... and it was for ridiculous reasons like "for following your own philosophies" or "becoming gay or bi-sexual", it was so stupid!

Many of my friends do oppose gay marriage although, they can't really say why. They say it makes them feel uncomfortable. Many more are uncomfortable around gay people, even though they don't think it's wrong.

Why is this? My guess is because when you say a gay person to soem one who doesn't know any gay people the society-fabricated image is a giant pervert. A boy who is constantly hitting on other boys regardless of their sexuality. Someone who does tons of nasty sexual practices with all of his partners. Which is entirely unrealistic, but it's what many people see gay people as. It's what people mean when they say "gay life style,"

this is only a guess though.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

That's a pretty good point, Clovv. to some extent, i think that could be a reason but i reckon all these people who oppose gay marriage are just like 'yeah, my priest/parents/friends says it's wrong so i think it is too.' because most people, i'd say, know gay people, and surely they must realise they're not doing anything outrageous or offensive.

i think homophobia must be more widespread in the USA, mainly because i know there's a lot of religious/far right wing people over there. i also have never met a single homophobic person in my life. i once heard about someone who thought gay couples shouldn't adopt... but i don't know who she was. maybe its the area i live in... i know quite a lot of christians, and about four people who are openly gay, and everyone seems to get on... unless you're a chav or something. :lol:
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

sizz wrote: i once heard about someone who thought gay couples shouldn't adopt...
Oh yah that argument is ridiculous. The whole "OHhh studies have shown that a child needs a masculin parent to show dominance or else it will get into things like drugs and gangs having two gay parents is like having a two moms (society-fabricated stereotype)," Ummm yah. That's why singles shouldn't adopt either, or if the dad is slightly effeminate or doesn't like to "show dominance", he shouldn't adopt either.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Yaz Pistachio wrote:I would only be comfortable having those people around if absolutely NO ONE listened to them, and there was no way they could infringe on my personal rights. But unfortunately there are a bunch of those people in the U.S. government, including all the Republicans running for president this year.
Don't let them infringe on your rights, move to Canada. We have better beer up here!
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

gAY ppl. stay in your closet .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Eff shoot yourself in the face. It tickles.
chex

Post by chex »

Eff, I honestly can't tell, but I hope you were being ironic.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Her English is bad enough, and we know her sense of humor is .... um... So yeah, I am certain she is joking.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~