Boy A

If anybody here reads then you can discuss books and literature here!

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Boy A

Post by sizz »

I read this really interesting book called Boy A. Found it in a little second hand sale thing, for 99p ($1.50 american dollars). I just read the back and liked the sound of it.

It's set in England, about this 24 year old, Jack, who is being released from prison after about fifteen years. He got arrested aged 10 (around that age, it doesn't actually tell you) for murdering (along with another boy, aged 9 I think) a ten year old girl. So you can probably guess, he's pretty innocent of the world and so on, doesn't know much about tickle fight, has never worked, things like that, because he's been in prison all his life. So, he gets released from prison when he's 24, and starts to live under a new name, 'Jack' under a new life, in a new area, so no one knows who he is.
The story of how he lives after he's released runs in parallel with the story of when he was arrested as a child, and onwards. He's refered to as 'A' (hence the title) and you never find out his real name.

I recommend it. You get really sympathetic for child killers by the end of the book... it was just very realistic, definetly not full of unlikely coincedences or such. GO READ IT.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.