Choices...

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

Choices...

Post by Wesley »

So I have this thing lined up, and I get this call from a friend who has another thing lined up for me, neither of which is the business I was trying to start for myself, which already has a tax ID number and all that stuff. I even have an account at a business/shipping supplier for if and when my business ever picks up. So at the moment I am stuck not knowing if I can pay my bills this month, with 3 potential jobs hanging just out of reach in "the future". Which path do I take?
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Re: Choices...

Post by bella »

The one closest to you which ensures you won't have to make further debts. It will give you some security.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

The one you see yourself doing 'in the future' as well as today.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

The one that gives you the most financial security. If that is not your own business, you can maybe do that besides the job, and quit it when your business takes on.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

All of these are great answers, but my big ol' brain has to over analyze things. For example: If it was just financial security I wanted, I would have stayed at the bottle factory. Good money, benefits, etc. But the job was sucking the life out of me. Not a fair trade. So I am looking deeper into each job, into the esoteric and psychological benefits as well as remuneration. In the long run, paying off your soul and your psyche is more important than paying the banker.

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

That is true, the golden middle would be a job which combines both. You were right in giving up a job which doesn't please you at all. The constant worrying if you haven't got enough money at the end of the month to pay your bills can eat up your soul too. So if one job prospect is not fixed yet, maybe take a temporary one till you have better options.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

You take the path that makes you smile and happy , or just stay in bad .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

GreatZot wrote:All of these are great answers, but my big ol' brain has to over analyze things. For example: If it was just financial security I wanted, I would have stayed at the bottle factory. Good money, benefits, etc. But the job was sucking the life out of me. Not a fair trade. So I am looking deeper into each job, into the esoteric and psychological benefits as well as remuneration. In the long run, paying off your soul and your psyche is more important than paying the banker.
Not having a roof over your head, or heat in the winter, or any way of knowing if/when you will be able to eat again will suck the life out of you a lot quicker than a boring job. If you can hold out long enough to do something you like without putting yourself at risk of being out on the street, then go for it. A little harship and a tight budget for a while is not the end of the world. But if it's a case of risking everything, then go for the security. Because you can end up in a loop that it's hard to get out of - im not sure if it's quite the same over there but usually no address = no bank account, no way to receive benefits and no possiblilty of starting a job and aquiring funds to secure accomodation and get an address. So it really depends on how much risk you are taking by not paying the banker. Which determines whether or not it's a fair pay out
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

that actually brings it into focus and is what makes this choice so difficult... None of the scenarios will put me out in the street. Between my wits and my family, we take care of each other, I have no real drastic worries. So in a way, I guess I am like a slightly less annoying version of the girl who has to choose between diamond and sapphire earrings. I'll shut up now.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Not quite mate, it's still your life and whether or not you make it worthwhile, or spend it doing something you hate and regret it. The reason I put it that way is because it makes a lot of difference. If you're looking at hard times, but with some kind of safety net - family, back up plan etc to catch you before you fall as far as it can go, then obviously it affects the advice that someone else could give to you, because without it I would say take the safe option everytime. But as long as you're pretty sure to keep a roof over your head and enough food to keep you healthy, go for whatever will make you happier in the long term whatever it takes