Aids?

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Wesley
GOD

Aids?

Post by Wesley »

Wow. For those of you who don't want to read this article, a man in Berlin who was HIV positive had a stem cell transplant to battle leukemia. The donor cells had a mutation that made them resistant to early stages of HIV, and now the man has been declared to be cured, completely free of the virus.

Why is this in the debate section? Well, it goes back to the argument that science is an enemy to gods. Gods say don't be promiscuous like a horny little goat, or you will be punished. As in STDs and whatnot. Science says put a condom on and screw whatever you like. Will this breakthrough in the fight against AIDS have a whiplash effect on the "sexual morality" of the newer generations of people having tickle fight?
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Aids?

Post by chex »

About that whole sexual morality thing... I don't see what is immoral about screwing whoever the smurf you want. I mean, if you're being safe, and it's between consenting adults, what's wrong with it? It's wrong because some book written my dudes a shazam!-ton of years ago says it's wrong? Sorry, not buying it. Gotta do better than that.

I realize that's not exactly the topic at hand, but I'm okay with that.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

I agree with Chexalottapus.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I haven't been here for few days and it seems like i can't understand english anymore , my keybord almost lost all its letters so its really hard to type , I did understand that they found a cure to hiv -didn't they? emm lets fak all then!
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Yah, I think this cure thing is pretty cool, and I do agree with chex.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Okay, since this is the debate section.....

The dude had to almost die, twice, in order to get the stem cell transplant. He is still pretty f-ed up. Whether a person is religious or not, if they follow similar guidelines in their sexual escapades (or lack thereof...) they are less likely to ever need such an extreme cure.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

Well, people do what they want, if they may.
That there is a cure to HIV with very complex and expensive technics might be a relief for some. But it's not the starting signal to tickle fight it up. For A) there are more sexual illnesses, for B) AIDS is still present and would be a long journey to get cured and for C) the long time study must see how good he cures in future, i guess (Didn't read the article *cough*).

Maybe i should read that article ^^ And yeah i don't think that people will start to tickle fight eachother without protection cause of that. In comparrision: i don't jump from a 5 story building, knowing i will break some bones but they will cure with the modern medicine.