Superstitions

Got a good joke or wanna have a good laugh? Come here and bring your best jokes! GOOD AND HILARIOUS JOKES ONLY!!!
Giana
I never sleep

Superstitions

Post by Giana »

A hope to fill this thread with funny stories ,funny events that hapend to you and you related them to a superstition,you know...like something hapend to you on friday the 13rd,or you spill the salt and something hapend after that.stuff like that!
So,who wants to be first?

When my son was 2,6 years old,he wasnt speaking very good,so,according to a superstition,when Christmas came i gave him water to drink from the bell and also gave him a piece of bread from a gipsy woman.And after one year(present time included)i am asking him to stop speaking at least for 5 minutes,so i can hear my thoughts!
So...i gues it worked! :lol:
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Re: Superstitions

Post by raiden676 »

I have one around my house.

The superstition is "if you leave a fully decorated christmas tree up past Jan 1st, you will have bad luck". Frankly, I don't believe in this, but try telling my mom that. She took our tree down on Dec 31st. Her luck isn't so good right now.

On Jan 1st. I went out and bought a new tree (artificial), and fully decorated it. I put up a bet with mom that if I left my tree up throughout the month of January and didn't have any bad luck, I would have proven that theory wrong.

So far nothing bad has gone wrong except for my backboard to my basketball breaking a couple of days ago. That was totally my fault and I should have known better to throw the ball at the cracked side of the backboard. I hope to get it fixed real soon.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I thought that the superstition about the Christmas Tree was about taking it down before the twelfth night of Christmas, as the Festival of Christmas is supposed to last for twelve days.
Hence the song, Twelve Days of Christmas.
I always get confused and can never work out if that counts Christmas Eve or not.
I think that the twelfth night is supposed to be 5th January but ours always come down by 4th January, just incase. :lol:

So raiden, I think you've blown it. LOL

Let us know, one way or another.
Image This is not America. No, this is not. Sha la la la la
(Bowie)
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

smurf the superstition. My tree came down on the 29th this Christmas. I wanted my living room back.
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I hate taking the decs down because everything looks so plain and bare afterwards.

My sister's son's Birthday falls on 2nd January, so she takes all the decs down on New Years Day and puts up Birthday decorations instead.

I think that as he gets older he will want the Christmas ones left up and he will celebrate his Birthday and New Year big time. In a big way!
(Bowie)
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

My SIL was born on December 27th, and her son's birthday is a few days after hers. We know better than to even use Christmas paper on their birthday presents. :lol:
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Oh yes I know about that. :D
My sister in law's Birthday is on 25th Dec itself. She's always very particular about wanting seperate birthday and christmas everything. :|
On the other hand my dad's Birthday was on 28th Dec and he never minded at all, at least he said he didn't.
Dad's birthday was always another excuse for celebrating again. :D I miss him so much.
We always have a family get together now, on that day, if we can.
(Bowie)
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Our tree is still up, but it's only a small one (roughly 1 metre high) prelit with fibre optics, and it's on top of a shelving unit at the moment so it's out of the way

For Christmas 2006 - when we bought the tree, we had it on the floor with a little musical light up village - houses, people, snowmen skating on a frozen pond etc, along with a candle bridge and a nativity scene. We arranged them all together on a couple of those white fluffy insulation sheets, so it looked like snow. It stayed there all year until Christmas 2007, and eventually got put away in Feb 08

I've always had shazam! awful luck all my life, so it makes no difference :lol:
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Dowster wrote:
For Christmas 2006 - when we bought the tree, we had it on the floor with a little musical light up village - houses, people, snowmen skating on a frozen pond etc, along with a candle bridge and a nativity scene. We arranged them all together on a couple of those white fluffy insulation sheets, so it looked like snow. It stayed there all year until Christmas 2007, and eventually got put away in Feb 08
It sounds like you could have set up a Father Christmas Grotto quite easily. All in the comfort of your own home. :lol:
No seriously, it sounds lovely, but who dusted it, if it was up all year? :)
(Bowie)
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

i always make wishes at 11:11:11... sadly i cant remember if they come true or not because i always forget my wish by the time it comes true if it comes true... haha

but i like to defy superstitions... i like to spill salt, i open umbrellas indoors, i walk under ladders, etc. :) sadly, it might explain all this shazam! luck i have haha
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

Oh yeah

I left my little christmas tree up for more than a year.
Guess what happened to me

2009 NCAA Men's Division I National Champions.
UNC Tar Heels

Take that to the bank.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I believe in sending things to the universe while just talking .

Few years ago , I said " oh ..god..i just wanna lay down for few days " Two days later i was in the hospital for 3 days , laying , not moving . Nothing was wrong with me except for the fact that i was not allowed to move . for 3 days .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Blondie wrote:
Dowster wrote:
It sounds like you could have set up a Father Christmas Grotto quite easily. All in the comfort of your own home. :lol:
No seriously, it sounds lovely, but who dusted it, if it was up all year? :)
Dusted?? I think I heard of that somewhere, maybe on Wiki..

It wasn't touched at all, but you could only actually see dust if you got down on the floor and looked closely at it. We don't seem to accumilate much dust in our place for some reason, even the TV only needs dusting about once a year and that usually picks up a lot because of the static attracting it in the air..
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I have a couple superstitions. Friday the 13th and black cats, but in the opposite. I believe these bring me good luck. And fortune cookies from The Great Wall. :lol:
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I avoid ladders and I will not put my shoes on the table - ever!
Oh and I throw some salt over my shoulder if I spill some. :roll:
(Bowie)
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

Shay wrote:I have a couple superstitions. Friday the 13th and black cats, but in the opposite. I believe these bring me good luck. And fortune cookies from The Great Wall. :lol:
yeah friday the 13th brings me good luck too... why? cause i was born on a cursed day. Ides of March :)
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!
raiden676
Satan's Bitch

Post by raiden676 »

Very superstitious for me

I will not walk under a ladder, even for a million dollars.
I will not cross a black cat's path without drawing a big "X" in the air

although one I don't believe in is stepping on cracks. I have at least stepped on thousands of cracks in my life and my mother has not broke her back.

What's up with that?

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

raiden676 wrote:
I will not walk under a ladder, even for a million dollars.
I doubt it .. Bet ya do it for a 100$ if you could .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Wow, I would eat a friggin ladder for a million dollars...
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

But you may not survive to enjoy the money. :notme:
(Bowie)