Superstitions

Got a good joke or wanna have a good laugh? Come here and bring your best jokes! GOOD AND HILARIOUS JOKES ONLY!!!
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Re: Superstitions

Post by Dowster »

Maybe but my familiy would be well off at least :D
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Well that's the main thing. :roll:
Image This is not America. No, this is not. Sha la la la la
(Bowie)
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Errmm... I don't see you getting to the Hof if you'll keep on chatting :lol:
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

Effie wrote:Errmm... I don't see you getting to the Hof if you'll keep on chatting :lol:
when i first read this i thought you meant Hof as in David HasselHoff... I was like... WHERE'S THE HOFF?!?!
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I won't leave my shoes on the table. Not because it may bring bad luck, but cos when an officer died they used to bring his shoes and put them on the table. It's a respect thing.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

When I worked at Sobey's, someone decided to but 12 chocolate bars at a dollar each....

With tax it came to 13 dollars and some change....

She was like "Oh.... that price has a 13 in it.... I better go buy another chocolate bar.

...so she did.... then she looks at her purchase....

"Oh.... now I have 13 chocolate bars.... I better buy another one."

And I swear to God, she left with 2 extra chocolate bars due to superstition.
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

thats funny. 13 is my lucky number. anything with 7 is bad luck to me. the first time i ever had a number 7 t-shirt in softball, i slide into second base but hit this rock and it went into my leg and i bled so bad i had to be rushed to the ER... you could see my bone... had 15 stitches...
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

I had $400+ this summer because of graduation gifts, so no I don't think I would do it for a measly $100.

I am trying to get a actual working arcade machine (the one's that take quaters), and that will cost me about $1,100. Hopefully after my first year of on the job work, I will be able to afford it.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Gamblers are very superstitious. Don't EVER say "Seven" out loud anywhere near a craps table.

Also, what video game are you looking for? There are quite a few available for less than 1100 bucks. In fact, I spent less than that to get all 5 of my machines. Although I am missing the keys to a couple of them...
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
LeBossle
human calculator

Post by LeBossle »

Shay wrote:I have a couple superstitions. Friday the 13th and black cats, but in the opposite. I believe these bring me good luck. And fortune cookies from The Great Wall. :lol:
My 13th birthday was on a friday 13.
They're baaaack! -Poltergeist II
bella wrote:You. Run.
Sorry for my broken English... I´m Brazilian. But I can understand English well.
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I know that if you are an actor or involved with theatre, it's very, very bad luck to say 'Macbeth' out loud inside a theatre.
(Bowie)
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I'm totally going to say "Macbeth" if I ever get into theatre. :twisted:
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I'm not sure if it's bad luck to the people in the theatre or the person who says it out loud?
Anyway I know that actors will never, ever say MacBeth. They call it that 'Shakespeare play' or that 'Scottish play'
(Bowie)
Ardour
Assistant Level Tester

Post by Ardour »

Shay wrote:I have a couple superstitions. Friday the 13th and black cats, but in the opposite. I believe these bring me good luck. And fortune cookies from The Great Wall. :lol:
I was born on Friday the 13th - the exact date the doctor predicted. My girlfriend owns a black cat.
So I guess I have no choice but believing it brings me good luck?! :?
"As the island of our knowledge grows, so do the shores of our ignorance." -- John A. Wheeler
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I dont believe in bad luck anymore :D
LeBossle
human calculator

Post by LeBossle »

I never believed in bad luck. Only the laws of the randomness. This remembers a book I´ve read some time ago: "O Andar do bêbado" (portuguese version of "The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives")
They're baaaack! -Poltergeist II
bella wrote:You. Run.
Sorry for my broken English... I´m Brazilian. But I can understand English well.
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

Blondie wrote:I know that if you are an actor or involved with theatre, it's very, very bad luck to say 'Macbeth' out loud inside a theatre.
doesnt help when you are performing the play "MACBETH" and the name is shouted outloud in the theater about 50 times or so...
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

:lol: Maybe it doesn't count, when the play is being performed. :roll:
(Bowie)
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

I was looking for a Classic Ultimate Mortal Kombat III Machine. I found this one website that sold arcade machines for at least $1,500.00. But I also found this machine that includes, get this now, 205 embedded arcade games, with ports to link up a computer, and extra video game systems. The machine costs $2,100.00, but I am willing to take it.

Namco Museum
Atari
Midway
Capcom
and several more...

http://www.xgaming.com/store/category/arcade-machines/

This machine rocks!
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
raiden676
Satan's Bitch

Post by raiden676 »

Back to the topic

I heard it is bad luck to yell fire in a crowded theater.
I will probably get a dumb response for that but just trying to enlighten everyone's day.

Fun Fact: It is against the law in Oklahoma to yell "Yahtzee" in a crowded theater.

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.